Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43737 times)

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2008, 18:23:53 »
Hi everyone thanks for all the extra info on Atkins type diets I will check out the Gary Taube thingy in a minute. I like the sound of measuring myself in key areas rather than relying on weighing scales so will make a note of my measurements tomorrow morning & then check once a month for changes.

I was doing great on my diet until this lunchtime at my lottie when the oldest & longest at the site allotmenteer gave me an eccles cake whilst chatting to me. I just couldnt refuse as I felt really touched by his gesture. another chap gave me a few main crop seed potatoes too. I think they are coming around to the fact that a woman is on their site  :D Yep Im the only one  :o   

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2008, 00:52:47 »
I am still not eating really, I have an egg and a slice of dry toast today that is all, but with no appettite, being very immobile and in severe pain, I am plodding on

I might get John to drive me to Bridlington tomorrow and buy fresh crab, he can push en around in a granny chair  !!!

Fresh air might do me good.

My pain is slowly getting a little easier, but I can't bring myself to use the pain patches they gave me yeasterday.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2008, 18:08:11 »
it's a long process, Jeannine..hope you feel a little less painful today, sending you healing thoughts and hugs .. :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2008, 18:25:16 »
Me too honey! I wish there was something we could do to make it all go away.xxAnne

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2008, 21:18:03 »
Thanks gals, it will go in  it's own time. I am not planning to take the pain patches, I got a bit worried when I read the leaflet and it said to make sure your partner also read it in case of breathing difficulties...I think not!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2008, 12:22:06 »
I hope you are feeling better today Jeannine, I know it is very difficult to lose weight when you cannot work it off, all i,v got is bits of osteo arthritus and just being 60ish but I have noticed in my yo yo dieting past that being overweight makes you hurt more so you are doing the right thing
marg
tip of the day Birds will eat most left over food, put it on the bird table it seems less wasteful then in the bin and they need the fat on their butts
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2008, 17:03:46 »
Don't want to lose weight although I could do with a bit off the tum area. The BP nurse said my weight is OK (love her to bits :)) Just want to wish you all good luck which ever method you use. Stay healthy.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2008, 17:06:23 »
Hi Jeannine hope you feel more comfortable very soon.

Hi everyone, how are you all doing on your diets?
I was doing great til today  :'(   The bad weather made me feel fed up & that was all it took for me to fall off track  ::) I really do find it very easy to stick to my diet & meal plan when im busy working at my lottie....but really hard when Im at home....guess it has alot to do with how near I am to my kitchen!  :-[

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2008, 21:30:05 »
Pick yourself up and carry on, don't beat yourself with a noodle cos you slipped and fell..we all do it.

XX Jeannine

longlad

• Half Acre
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2008, 03:24:47 »
eh up all I go to slimming world and lost six stone in seven months last year and am now on with maintaining but thinking about losing a bit more doc say blood pressure is slightly up (has been the same for the last eight years) but I feel fine in that respect started doing gentle exercise twice a week (rugby I play prop) as well as gardening
thought for the day 
if you fall off the wagon for one meal get back on track it's one meal out of twentyone

good luck
oh bugger its raining

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2008, 14:04:06 »
Weight watchers today, lost a pound.  Pleased as we have had one of those weeks and weekends.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2008, 17:38:48 »
After my fruit day yesterday I'm down 1kg, but from experience I know that half of that will be back on after eating normally today. I seem to have to work at losing a kilo and then taking a month or more to maintain the loss before losing a bit more. Ah well - slowly but surely I am edging towards my goal of 72kg.

Tricia

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2008, 18:17:33 »
my 2 cents on this and I hope it helps and doesn't hinder:-

metabolism is a very individual matter and is in a sometimes fragile state, perhaps more so with women than men because of a higher hormone secretion activity - the thyroid gland is often at the centre of this and many women go undiagnosed as borderline or having a hypo active thyroid, i.e. under active = weight gain amongst other issues but because it can be an ever changing delicate balancing act one day can be so different to the next

again, because metabolism is an individual matter then one diet that works for one person might not work for another and even not eating much at all, as in a crash diet, just confuses the metabolism that has become dependent on certain foods - it is almost like a craving - what we crave we eat a lot of, the more we crave it the more we eat it the more we crave it - and it is this that finally tips the scales for one's own metabolism, it is almost like an allergy and yet we over consume certain foods without actually realising it

very often it comes down to naming your top 2 foods, those that you couldn't do without such as wheat, sugar, sweets and chocolate, wine and other alcohol, potatoes (in all their forms), processed food, ready made food etc etc - remove or drastically cut down on one or both of these top 2 foods and you'll almost guarantee to lose weight because you've kidded your metabolism back into working properly

why don't some of you list those top 2 foods and work round that - very difficult to do but it is probably what will work for each individual

good luck  :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2008, 18:24:10 »
Calendula you are so right. My problem is I like it all!! :-[ :-[ :-[ even celery and undressed lettuce...

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2008, 18:53:12 »
When I joined slimming world I found out that my problem was I never ate enough food for my height.

Once I started eating what they recommended and believe me I struggled to eat such large amounts of food it started to fall off.

With not eating as my job was more important at the time, my metabolism got all out of sync ... I use to skip breakfast and lunch and eat a small meal at night, and as I was so tired after a long day I couldnt really be bothered to eat that much.

Not eating enough can cause weight gain too.  I found out the hard way :) 

I think the world DIET should be abolished as if we all ate healthy food and ate proper meals.. the weight should come off.  As my grandmother who is 90 pointed out to me, that in her day they ate allotment veg and little meat, as that was all that was available, but weight gain was not a problem back then. :)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2008, 20:57:21 »
Biscombe update

2 pounds off in 8 days feeling hungry but have bags of energy.

Funny I didn't booze mon-thurs, had a few glasses of wine friday night, and boy!  could tell the next day!

Keep up the good work everyone

Hope you are feeling better Jeannie

PS Keep the top diet tips coming....................

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2008, 15:20:28 »
My downfalls are bread and sugar!! it takes me about a week of craving then I am free until that weak moment when I think I can eat it without getting hooked. by that weak moment I mean the one when you are depressed and bored and on your own so no one witnesses you stuffing your face
one problem I don,t have is booze,just not my poison, got loads of it from past xmases and birthdays just never get around to opening it,rather have a cup of tea
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2008, 16:17:39 »
Just found this thread! Hope it's not too late to join in. Started the Tesco's GI diet at the beginning of the year, started off at 12st 4lb and lost 1st 4lb in about 10 weeks but then haven't lost a thing for the last month, so need a good kick up the backside. I love the GI premise as I need to know the science behind things, and as GI was developed for diabetics it has a lot of sensible theory to back it up (though sadly also a lot of twerps jumping on the bandwagon and getting it wrong).

My weakness is dark chocolate and wine in the evenings and weekends, but much worse is sheer tiredness - after lunch in particular I crave sugar and will shovel down anything in the office. Also very bad if eating out, which I do a couple of times a week.

Joined a gym and have entered Race for Life, so am getting fitter - noticeably so in the last couple of months. Find it very hard to drop chocolate and booze, though. Sort of hoping that if I get fit enough I won't need to...
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2008, 16:47:21 »
Hi All

Just to add my fourpennyworth!!  I was 2 stone overweight.

I have recently returned to my teenage weight!  I am a comfy size 10 and happy to be comfortable again in clothes and fitness.  Last year I cut out a lot of fat from my diet - and although I walked every day - I sauntered rather than proper walking.  I now have two young large dogs and walk fairly fast twice a day possibly and hour and a half every day.  The other thing I found that helped a lot was eating a very small evening meal and no later than 7ish!

I am nearly vegetarian now and only occasionaly have red meat possible twice a month.

Good luck all of you.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2008, 17:04:01 »
yep - stuff the diet, get a dog  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal