Author Topic: Howard Rotavator  (Read 6353 times)

naff

• Quarter Acre
Howard Rotavator
« on: March 26, 2008, 00:09:28 »
Hi all,
         Just been given a Howard Bantam rotavator in good condition apart from a non starting engine.Does anyone know where I might get a replacement engine, preferably a Villiers Mark 15 HS?I,ll rebuild my engine but need to get this machine into use on the allotment ASAP!!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: Howard Rotavator
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:23:16 »
Naff,
          I have recently seen  Villers engines on e-bay, look on the 'rotovators' or into 'small engines' and see whats there, there is also a link to a company on e-bay that are doing brand new engines of 5hp for £80-£90 they are 'Robinsons based in Hainault, Essex(0208-559-6000) obviously these are Chino imports but are based on  Honda/Briggs&Stratton engines and might suit your purpose, other than that try 'Tillerparts' down in Kent and contact Chester Hudson.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:31:03 by Mr Smith »

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 18:48:50 »
Hi all,
         Just been given a Howard Bantam rotavator in good condition apart from a non starting engine.Does anyone know where I might get a replacement engine, preferably a Villiers Mark 15 HS?I,ll rebuild my engine but need to get this machine into use on the allotment ASAP!!
Before you go for new engine are you sure the one you have is broke. Have you cleaned and checked the plug gap and tested for a spark.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:30:59 »
http://www.villiersparts.co.uk

If you speak to George you will find him most helpful

What you need for spare parts is the number off the engine block there maybe a number on the cowl also

for example
No :- 349E  2195
Mark : - 15HS

This identfies the yr it was built and type

If you are needing ignition bits like the coil you will need to measure the length and the story goes on lol

Make sure that it is timed up correctly also, There is a little arrow on the fly (After you have removed the cowl) that lines up with a notch on the casing at the top

I dont know how mechanically minded you are but could rattle on for ages here lol ps i have a limit also

A new refurbed engine is about 90 quid

Enjoy
another member of i forgot my password

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal