Author Topic: leggy tom plants  (Read 4250 times)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: leggy tom plants
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 14:00:29 »
As an aside, are there any seedlings, edible or non-edible, that react badly to being planted up to their seed leaves? Just about everything I sow inside ends up leggy.
The most common cause of leggy plant is poor light, hence the term the plant is being drawn,   Drawn toward the light.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 15:12:52 »
I know, but my house isn't very light. I have used foil to reflect the light back and I turn them regularly. Just wanted to check that I can plant them all deep if need be.

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 18:16:52 »
It amazes me that no one seems to commercially produce small, deep pots.  Why is the depth of the pot always dictated by the width of the top?

look for rose pots - they are deep but square. I have just put my beef toms into those 4" at the top 3" at the bottom 10" high, other than that there's always pot noodle pots

Oh, I've used just about everything that's been mentioned so far!  Just wondered why no one makes them for the purpose.  I always seem to find I need a few more than I've got, and it'd be handy to be able to buy, say, a pack of six, without desperately foraging about for something that will do.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal