Author Topic: woe is me  (Read 1412 times)

sarah

• Hectare
woe is me
« on: March 20, 2008, 13:26:40 »
i had a tooth pulled today. it was not fun and i was very pathetic about the whole thing :'( . am sitting here now sucking tepid soup.  :-X

betula

• Hectare
Re: woe is me
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 13:29:27 »
Hope you feel better soon Sarah :)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 13:31:58 »
ouch poor you, hope you feel better soon!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 13:32:08 »
Oh dear!
At least it is over and done with eh? Try a cold ice lolly to suck on? Painkillers?

I had my final IVU  (x-ray with injected dye) yesterday, I wasn't dreading it but it turned out to be a rotten experience, really bruised my hand where the drip was put in and my back went into spasm and became rigid having to lie flat on the blooming cold narrow x ray table for ages......I sympathise!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 13:43:59 »
o you poor ol thing. that sounds pretty awful. i shouldnt complain really should i. i was thinking about Ace too with a mouth full of stitches poor chap. group hug. :D. i shouldnt be such a wimp really.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 16:18:19 »
i had a tooth pulled today. it was not fun and i was very pathetic about the whole thing :'( . am sitting here now sucking tepid soup.  :-X

OH!!! You have my deepest sympathies.  I'd rather go through childbirth again than ever have dental work done.  ((((Sarah))))

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 16:21:42 »
thanks savage. at least with child birth you get lots of nice drugs. :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 18:27:54 »
Deb P I will make sure my daughter doesn't see your post when she comes round. She has got to have the same thing on 26th to try and diagnose what is wrong with her. She thought the bladder test was pretty grim.

Sarah hope you have a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning.
I recently went for 6 month check up and was delighted when he said just one small filling :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 18:39:00 »
Deb P I will make sure my daughter doesn't see your post when she comes round. She has got to have the same thing on 26th to try and diagnose what is wrong with her. She thought the bladder test was pretty grim.

Reassure her most of the time they are fine, I've had about 10 over the years with my recurrant kidney stones, and normally they are completely ok which is why I wasn't apprehensive about this time. Unfortunately when I was hospitalised in the New Year and had so many drips and blood tests, I have now appear to have run out of decent veins, so everything is more blooming awkward! It feels a bit funny and you go a bit hot all over when they put the dye in, otherwise it's just hanging around on the uncomfortable table waiting for them to take piccys.

I would prefer to have that than dental/mouth work, there is something about having stuff done inside your head that gives me the wobbles.......and given the choice between childbirth and kidney stones, I'd have another baby any day!

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 18:59:27 »
Thanks Deb, I was a bit worried as she has had to have so many tests, feel happier now :)
Sorry Sarah coming in on your thread.
Lorna

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 19:10:52 »
I have the dreaded kidney stones.........you get rid of one and another one comes along.............I have had those xrays.just a sort of warmish feeling all over........no pain to speak of apart from lying on a hard bed for quite a while so you do get uncomfortable,,,,,,,,,Nothing to get to concerned about. :)

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 07:44:06 »
is alright Lorna, i feel much better today and feel foolish that i made such a fuss.  compared to kidney stones oooow.  good luck with that.  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:00:56 »
Glad somebody is better, I am having a day with no painkillers. Then I can go and get completely Rat@rsed. Hang on! sitting here and running my tongue around my mouth has just loosened a couple of those d@mn stitches, some must have gone in the night as well, as I can only feel 3 left. If I can just get this little sod that feels like a bit of cheesewire, I reckon I will belay that first sentence.

Woo Hoo! things are looking up.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:25 »
glad to hear you are on the mend Ace.  dont over do things though :D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:40 »
Glad to hear all those ....er...oral problems are getting better! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal