Author Topic: Introducing Ianto  (Read 2251 times)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
Introducing Ianto
« on: March 27, 2008, 11:03:31 »
here is our new boy, Ianto (pronounced ee-an-toe, it is a Welsh name, apparently short for John)

He is a rescue cat and we've only had him for a couple of days, but boy are we smitten :-*  He is extremely curious and has a very sweet nature and very friendly.  He has the most gorgeous eyes - they are the most amazing bluey-green, my photos don't do them justice.  Bizzarely he likes to lick us - is this normal ???

His favourite things appear to be chasing his tail (which he is doing at the moment inside a small box !) and eating.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Introducing Ianto
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:30 »
He is very handsome! As for the licking behaviour, he obviously loves you too!

Being a first time cat owner, I have a question: Why does my cat lick me? Is it for salt or whatever taste is on my hands or is a sign of affection or all of the above?

Yes, your cat licking you can be "all of the above" but most often it really is a sign of affection. Another way of showing affection is gently biting on your nose or your face. Also, looking at you and slowly blinking her eyes is a way of saying "I love you." You can respond in the same way, if you want. I do it with my cats all the time.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:03:41 »
awww, that is so cute !   It is a little disconcerting tho' at 4.30am  ;D ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:16:17 »
Beautiful.I especially like the second photo :)

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 13:21:35 »
Gorgeous - he's absolutely beautiful
Kathi :-)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal