Author Topic: What do you plan for Easter?  (Read 2457 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: What do you plan for Easter?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 13:24:19 »
Eating all the Easter eggs if the weather forecast is correct - oh and sowing the toms and pricking out the chillies and aubergines!

chickadoodle

• Quarter Acre
  • Holder of the national collection of weeds!!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 16:21:25 »
I've got so much that needs doing in the garden and veg patch but I might end up sowing and potting on in the greenhouse if they get the weather right for this weekend.  If it's really bad I can catch up on all the threads that, as a fairly new A4A forummer, I haven't already read  :)  Cup of tea and eggs at my side  ;D

sunny sunflower

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 17:09:02 »
Just finished getting the ark ready to buy 6 new chickens for our garden so we can reduce our food miles and not have to eat those nasty things from the supermarket!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 18:05:28 »
Hoping to finish my onions, get the rest of my earlies in and sow some more carrots, its not looking good though, could be pub weather.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 21:46:34 »
I'll be attending a service in the morning (Ladywood Methodist normal; I'm not sure what a 'contemporary' one is), then taking a service in the evening. Hopefully I won't have too much to do in the morning, but if there's any problem I'm sure to get landed with sorting it out. I might get to the plot at some point in the afternoon.

sheddie

• Acre
  • Gateshead
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 23:25:49 »
Building a compost bin - and watching it fill up with snow!

NE forecast absolutley rubbish again - wah man!...

we only get 3 days of summer and they're always a week day....
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 01:31:48 »
 :-\  Had planned to do loads of jobs in the garden this weekend, especially has my OH was home and able to help out!! But now the weather is looking pretty chronic may end up working in the greenhouse (which will please OH!!) Hope to fit in a few decent walks with the dog and maybe OH!! May even have a snowball fight!!!  LOL!!!
Also need to catch up on a lot of paperwork and computer chores.... so with a good brew on the go... will settle down and apply myself to dealing with those tasks.... will at least be on top of that when Spring finally arrives and can then totally absorb myself in garden duties!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL!!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:26 »
Have my best friend and her family coming to visit.

Attending mass today.  Tonight planning to paint the kitchen!!
Taking kids to local village woods for an easter egg hunt saturday morning, which is lots of fun.
Saturday night attend the Easter Viguel at church.
Sunday big Roast dinner.
Monday put my feet up and watch the snow fall. :D

Bad bad weather expected here over easter, so no gardening.

gwynleg

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 17:38:46 »
Today spent hours putting membrane on raised bed (in high winds!) and planting my strawberries. Hope they'll be ok as I didnt want to leave them in the packaging (they arrived last week). Hope they're hardy!

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 18:12:16 »
In spite of terrible forecast, went up to allotment and stayed for 4 hours in brilliant sunshine and a bit of a breeze (near Hastings and Battle). Put up a terrible Lidl plastic tunnel thing from last year (has anyone else suffered from these? Hoops that collapse, made of awful brittle white plastic?) to cover snap peas. Soaked peas and kept in airing cupboard until roots showed, as I don't like sowing duds. (Obviously will remove tunnel when they are tall enough).

Did lots of digging and cleared second asparagus row, and cleaned out artichoke row. Very, very pleased with my day. Even more now that it is pouring with rain.

Got home to find first husband's second wife sitting in my kitchen discussing depression with my daughter, a bit of a downer. What she needs is an allotment.

Promised second husband supper at 7, so had better get on with it. (Pork chops; first husband a pig farmer, and second wife - husband died a few years ago -  says she cannot face pork any more, but I love it).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal