Author Topic: Sloping site greenhouse thoughts  (Read 1754 times)

Gazfoz

• Acre
Sloping site greenhouse thoughts
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:20:10 »
My garden slopes away from the property at a not too steep but noticable angle.
I am now considering how to construct a suitable floor space to a,   be level and    b, be able to fix the base.
I had thought about removing the turf, staking some tannelised decking in the ground at the low end, adding rubble and gravel to level the site up and using concrete lintels on top of that to fix the base to. I am just a bit concerned that I may get some movement.
Any thoughts?

Vortex

• Acre
Re: Sloping site greenhouse thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:32 »
If you're concearned about movement cast the base as a concrete ring, 9" wide and a minimum or 5" thick. Take the mid point of the slope as a baseline and lay the concrete level to this. Lay one or two courses of engineering bricks on top of this, they will tolerate both wet and frost, then stand the greenhouse on top of this. The bricks when laid wand to be 1/2" wider all round than the greenhouse.  Get some aluminium strip 20-30mm wide, and bend yourself some brackets that lock over the greenhouse base and allow you to screw into the sides of the bricks.
Level the floor out to the level of the concrete. If you can put the door at the shallow end to save having to construct any steps.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal