Author Topic: rehoming fish?  (Read 1704 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
rehoming fish?
« on: March 18, 2008, 17:19:18 »
Hello,

I have a pond with about 12 fish. Now I have a new grandson, I am looking to the future , and am a bit worried about the pond. I was thinking of filling it in. If I did this, I would need a new home for the fish. I dont want to give them to anyone with a smaller pond than the one they are in.

I know its a bit of an odd request, but does anyone know of anyone who rehomes fish?

cj :)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Re: rehoming fish?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 17:24:59 »
I have a friend in Tregaron who might ! :-X

Think you need to indicate the area in which you might travel!
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 17:32:00 »
this was built before Sam had |Matthew, Mike can't give it up so there's now a steel mesh cover on top, so strong Mike can walk on it  :o
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 17:36:53 by manicscousers »

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 19:15:43 »
Flo, good point. Somewhere in the Caerphilly area would be best, as I dont want them to travel far.

Manics, thats a lovely pond, and a great idea. How deep is the pond and what did you line it with?

I love my fish and dont really want them to go, so the mesh is a good idea. I will have to rethink the pond to see if anything can be done. It is just a pondliner (well, builders black polythene) in a hole in the ground, so the edges are not very firm.

I did have the idea of putting decking outside the conservatory where the land slopes away. The pond could have been sunken into this, with a bannister type rail all around it. I think that is a bit beyond OH's diy skills though ::) I always have big ideas, I just have trouble getting them done. ::)

Thnks for your replies

cj :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 20:15:52 »
hiya, caroline, mike's pond is about 4' deep at the most, it's a butyl liner and he's got the most beautiful koi in there  :)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 21:11:22 »
It looks absolutely wonderful. I can imagine sitting there with a nice cold drink on a summers day, watching the fish and listening to the birds....sigh ::)

cj

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal