Author Topic: Seeds by size arrrggghh  (Read 1278 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Seeds by size arrrggghh
« on: March 12, 2008, 20:04:10 »
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with the ordering.

They have some great stuff but I just can't get my head around the system. time after time I go on the site and leave with nothing............maybe I ma just dumb.

Is there a trick to it

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Re: Seeds by size arrrggghh
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 20:06:18 »
I know what you mean Jeannine... I have tried several times and closed out and left without ordering  ::)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 23:49:24 »
The first order takes ages to put together after that you can put an order together in no time at all.

Each variety has a 2 letter price code by it elsewhere on the page is a price list you look for the relevant code & it tells you how much it costs per 1/4 gram 1/2gram etc... You decide what weight of seed you want & add it to your order.
As an example the Protovoy cabbage you were looking for earlier are code (aq) which means they cost £3.12 for 1/4g £4.56 1/2g £7.76 1g etc.. so if you wanted 1g of them you would write on the order form:
QUANTITY         KIND                     VARIETY NAME      COST
1gram        CABBAGE; Savoy             Protovoy             £7.76

I find it simpler to print out an order form fill it in as you go & order through the post rather than mess about emailing the order through & paying with paypal.
If you can restrain yourself to spending less than £15 (I haven't managed it yet) you have to pay £1.50 postage otherwise it is free postage in the UK.

If you get really stuck then you email John (his emails on the homepage) & tell him what varieties of seed you want & how much of each and he will work it all out for you.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 22:37:00 »
So what is the other bit that isn't by weight or should I jst ignore that
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:33 »
The other bit is for if you just want to buy a fixed price pack of seeds. It could be simpler if you didn't mind how much you got weight wise. You pay a fixed price & they give you whatever weight of seed is worth that much money.

In some sections you will find there are only fixed numbers of seeds available rather than having the option to buy by weight or packets (Carmen cucumbers for example) the prices are always listed next to the quantity of seeds if this is the case.

Sticking to the same example Protovoy is in part 2 of the cabbage section where the fixed price packs are £2.25 each if you wanted a fixed price pack you would fill the order form in like this (for this particular variety you would get less than a 1/4gram of seeds). You can use all the different methods on your order so it could end up looking like this:

QUANTITY              KIND                            VARIETY NAME      COST
1x £2.25 Packet      CABBAGE; Savoy             Protovoy             £2.25
5 seeds                 CUCUMBER F-1 & OP.       Carmen F-1         £4.00
1/4gram                OXHEART TOMATOES        Cuore di Bue       £3.12

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal