Author Topic: WHO CAN I  (Read 9404 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
WHO CAN I
« on: March 10, 2008, 22:28:44 »
beg & plead with to help me learn how to resize my photos so i can post some & enter the comp at some stage.
I have them in a folder but i cannot post the size. I need it to be explained to me in very easy steps because i am not at all good with these puters.
Thank you .

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: WHO CAN I
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 22:32:17 »
 ???

Never did figure it out...did it once (fluke?) but never again! So seconded from me!

;)

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 23:27:00 »
If you go to GOOGLE, you can freely download a program which is part of google called PICASO. Its really good, it organises all your photos on your computer, and can also edit them at a click of a button. 
They will then be internet ready.

:)

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 23:35:03 »
It's been a topic here quite recently, so after doing a search I'd recommend downloading Irfanview. It's small and free and it'll do all you want with pictures. I mention Irfan specifically because it has a range of preferred sizes built into the options, so no calculations to do, just click.
I haven't used Picaso so I can't comment.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 00:38:26 »
 :-*

Cheers Geoff, will have a play...watch this space, or maybe another space..who knows?!

;)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 18:09:34 »
beg & plead with to help me learn how to resize my photos so i can post some & enter the comp at some stage.
I have them in a folder but i cannot post the size. I need it to be explained to me in very easy steps because i am not at all good with these puters.
Thank you .

Grrrrrr.

Ok, for you, for using Photo Editor (apologies for those who don't have it, but Rosebud does)

01.    Open up Photo Editor (it's on your desktop)

02.    Top left of the screen, it says FILE ....

03.    Click FILE once and it will show you a drop down menu.  Choose OPEN and it will look like this: 

04.    Find the picture that you want to resize by double clicking on the drive where it's saved.  Example:  For me it would
         mean double clicking on PERSONAL D which will then give me a list of all my folders with pictures in.  I would double
         click the folder that says GARDEN which would then show me all of the pictures in that folder.

05.    Highlight the picture that you want and click OK.  This will then insert the picture you've chosen into Photo Editor
         ready to resize.   

06.    Pay attention to the toolbar
         Make sure before you resize your pic that the size is 100% (last tab)

07.    Click ONCE on the tab that says IMAGE.  On the drop down it will say RESIZE.  Click this ONCE and it will come up with
         a box for picture measurments:

08.    If you think you want your picture roughly half the size it is already, change the width by clicking the up or down
         arrows to roughly half the size (or type it in the box manually) and click ok.  This will automatically resize your picture
         to half.  If that looks ok, click FILE and SAVE AS.  Don't click SAVE as this replace your original.  Click SAVE AS and give it
         a new name and SAVE. 

09.    If you don't like the size of the picture then click UNDO and try the resize again with new sizing.  Don't resize on top of
         the resize you've just done as that sometimes takes away some quality of the picture.  Always UNDO and start from
         scratch.  You cannot UNDO more than ONCE though, remember that.  So if you do it wrong and wrong again, it will only
         UNDO the last mistake you've made so always UNDO after your FIRST mistake.

Ok, that should work.  Sounds a bit long winded but infact takes about a minute if not less once you know what you're doing.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 17:05:45 »
Got that Mary?? :) :) I am worse than you I wait for John to download from my camera and he has put a little programme on my desktop which automatically resizes them. Thank goodness our children are with it ;D

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 17:29:43 »
Savage Blue,

can I borrow you for a few weeks? I could do with an intensive course in computers........I am 195 after all. I learned on an abacus, stone tablets and chisels ;D ;D 8)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 13:46:28 »
This way is real easy.............

Download this from microsoft (and run it, following instructions)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

When your done, Just right click the file you want to use, pick resize pictures from the top section. Then you chose the size you want ie. small if you want to use it on this forum.
Then it will save it to the same place as original pic, will have the same sequence of naming numbers but (small) next to it.

It really is very easy...... ;D   ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 21:14:57 »
Photo Editor is also so simple to use and is already installed with Windows.  I know the explanation looks long winded but that's because I was sure to cover all bases.  As I stated in my original post, once used, a picture can be resized in about 30 seconds.  Open, resize, save.  That's it.

timiano

• Half Acre
    • The 21st Century Good Life
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 14:20:10 »
Google Picasa, Picasa, Picasa....honestly, for free it's the best that is out there!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 19:25:55 »
 :o

Test pic...

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 19:26:57 »
 ;D ;D ;D :-*

Blimey! It worked!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 20:03:06 »
so go on the Katy...which programme did you use....and can you repeat it?
 ;)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 20:08:10 »
 ???

ermm....sommat already on the pc, and I very much doubt it!

8)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 21:17:07 »
 ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal