Author Topic: MY ALLOTMENTS WEEK : 10 UPDATE  (Read 811 times)

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
MY ALLOTMENTS WEEK : 10 UPDATE
« on: March 09, 2008, 18:51:04 »

Hi all, just to let you know that I've posted my latest update from my allotments here in Stourbridge, it's been a busy week again with the seed sowing beginning in earnest, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: MY ALLOTMENTS WEEK : 10 UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 19:05:58 »
Excellent as always Steve... we are sowing like mad now... our Rhubarb is like yours and still no sign of the Asparagus (others were saying they had had a few stray spikes) Ours isn't as tidy though!
 ;D

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 20:28:58 »
Hi saddad, nice to hear from you. It is a busy time with all the seed sowing but the expectation of what they will hopefuly grow into is great, it is a bit early for the Asparagus yet but as mine were only planted last Spring I shouldn't harvest any of the spears until next year, but if I have loads then I may harvest a few to taste, regards Steve.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 20:51:27 »
You sow your peas the same way as I like to. It's going to be mollycoddling and wigwams this year though, as I'm growing heritage varieties to bulk up.

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 18:11:52 »

Hi Robert_Brenchley and thanks for your reply. It sounds like you will have an interesting time with growing Heritage varieties to see how they compare to today's modern one's for both taste and harvest, regards Steve.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 18:33:05 »
I find Magnum Bonum are much better than modern varieties in both respects Steve...
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal