Author Topic: Good luck with the weather....  (Read 5640 times)

paulinems

• Half Acre
    • The fly trap plants
Re: Good luck with the weather....
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 15:52:33 »
3 polycarbonatte sheats out and one window one out had to hunt for some one had blown in feild across road,cant put them back till wind calms he put some back yesteday and one off them had come out again, we still have to put bricks in botton to finish and get door done hope it will be better when that is finished,as greenhouse is very big we are in open :o on field ,good job it not glass anymore
Pauline

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 15:38:14 »
got a call this morning suggesting i pop to the allotment and on getting up there i find my greenhouse frame an a pile of twisted metal about 300ft from where it was. Out of 7 greenhouses only 2 are standing.

:'(

At least i have the glass piled somewhere safe so i can give that to a friend who needs it.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 17:55:37 »
Thats rotten luck Cam.........this windy weather is doing such a lot of damage :(. At least your friend will benefit I guess
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

morton

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 18:00:35 »
They are forecasting very strong winds for Friday again so everyone beware.

Wilkes_ml

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 20:43:43 »
Hi I'm new here - The winds have picked up again in the south east, and the polycarbonate sheets have blown out of my greenhouse - one gone forever  :(

So I have been out there by torchlight gaffa taping as much as I can to try to keep it in place. I've just put a heater in there and don't want the warmth escaping.

I replaced all the lower glass with kind of corregated plastic and was wondering whether I should go back to glass, or is everyone losing glass in these high winds?

I removed the glass as a lot got broke last year and I also have two small children - so I maybe I should stick with polycarbonate!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 20:45:57 »
hiya, wilkes, welcome to the site..hope the wind dies down for you, lots of glass been blown out on our plots  :(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal