Author Topic: Possible tomato swap.  (Read 17048 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Possible tomato swap.
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 12:01:37 »
The last one arrived today, so I am all ready to go.

Before I finalise the packages some points:

I have had several spares sent and will add to them myself so that everybody gets at least three spares back is that OK? 2 people have said they don't want anything back for spares, can you let me know if anyones else would prefer not to get spares before I pack.

I have several types that I have a lot of, so fingers crossed it will work out without anyone getting back what they sent,  I wll swap with the spares of course if that looks likely, so if you get 2 packets of 5  stapled together instead of a ten that will be the reason why.

If I get down to spares that I can't give out without sending you something you sent in I will donate them to the Mental Health lottie here in Hull if that is OK.

I hope to have them all ready by this evening but will wait till I hear from you before adding the spares to your packets.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2008, 15:24:32 »
Packets are all ready to go as soon as hear from you about the spares, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 16:44:42 »
Do not need spares ,thanks
great going Jeannine,I am all excited now.
Many thanks and I hope you've something from this apart from hard work.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 17:00:36 »
I wouldnt mind a few spares, Jeannine ;D

You cant have enough toms, that's what I always say .......(well, occasionally anyway ::))

cj :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 19:04:28 »
Not to bother about answering this question, it dawned on me after I posted the question that several folks are waiting to plant , so they have gone off, each with 3 spares and a few Giganteus beans from me.

I had to change some of the envelopes as they were a bit thin and  iffy with all the packets in and definately  not thick enough to take beans , you might  also find your postage has been changed, most  you remembered to put a large stamp on  your envelopes but a few forgot, such is human nature so some of them wouldn't have gone through if you put a small stamp on wether 1st or second class as they are too thick even without the beans so I have had to add stamps, one or two ended up with 2nd class as it was all I had left and wanted to pop them in the mailbox just by me rather than John driving to the post office. It takes a bit of getting used to but if the envelope goes over a certain thickness they charge you for the extra postage and £1 to collect it!! It makes no differnce to the post office of you put a 1st or 2nd class stamp on, if the envelope is thick it needs a" big stamp "on to get through their new regulations. The envelopes that have been changed are recycled padded ones and look a bit tatty but they will be fine, they won't burst.

So they are all on the way.

I was thrilled to bits to find two toms I have wanted for ages so I am more than happy.

Please let me know as they arrive

XX Jeannine

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2008, 20:12:31 »
[I was thrilled to bits to find two toms I have wanted for ages so I am more than happy/quote]

what were they??? i need to know!!  cant wait to get my pack, whhoohhoo exciting or what!
im really building up my tomato empire now!! we eat lots of tomatos in our house, so collecting them now is my alternative to not smoking!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008, 20:36:49 »
Hi, one was Santa Cris Kada, the other was Stoner Exhibition , I also took 4 fairly common ones that I simply didn't have  as I had used them all last year and hadn't re ordered.A San Marzano, Marmande, Taxi and just a couple of seeds of Myth as there were spares of that one.

Just in case anyone is wondering the number 1 most sent was Costoluto Fiorentino, closely followed by Cuor di Bue, then San Marzano and Marmande,oh and quite a good few of Principe Borghese.

There was a lot of multiples but I managed to give everyone a complete change.

I traded some spares for swaps as one person sent quite a lot of 3 kinds of spares that were nice.

If anyone wanted in one this and left it too late I would strongly suggest someone else doing it  after me as  it is a good way to increase your varieties.  I would participate if they do.It doesn't take a lot of work , not a lot of time really, we drew them out of a box like a raffle in order to be fair and checked against each persons list that they didn't send that type.

I am glad I did say no to choosing choices though , that would have been nearly impossible.

Watch for the postie folks

XX Jeannine

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2008, 21:47:50 »
I can hear all the posties throughout the land quaking in their boots, as they face a day of mass attacks from A4A members desperate to get their hands on their packages ::)

I bet my postie will have his american football gear on when he arrives tomorrow ;D

Thanks Jeannine, you are a star for putting in all this effort for us.  :-*

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2008, 22:29:24 »
My postie is brilliant and well used to my seedy ways.... ;)

I will await my package with bated breath! Many thanks for organising it Jeannine, particularly when you have not been so well lately. ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2008, 22:34:05 »
I'll second that, Jeannine. As cj said  -you are a star!  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2008, 22:48:08 »
Good job I didn't try to pack them yesterday boom boom!!

There were a lot of packages .. John had roped some fellas from the lottie in as well, so there was 23 of us all together.

I  got John to mention it in the rec room last week as I was hoping to get some seed from the old man on our lottie who has been saving the same seed for donkey's  years, he doesn't know what it is but it is a nice  basic looking medium size tom with a super taste that is usually loaded but the really good thing is he grows it outside and it never seems to succumb to anything but frost. He has promised me some but bless him he moves and thinks so slow I am not holding my breath. I will however beg a couple of toms at the end of the season.  I once said "you must call it something" and he said  " well me Dad never giv it a name!!" I suppose if I ever do get it I will have to call it Old Will's Dads.

So come on now you lot, WHO is going to do a  bean swap..

XX Jeannine

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2008, 23:36:40 »
you see half of those ones that you wanted ive never heard of, there must be so many different varietys about! it really facinates me!

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2008, 00:22:27 »
I'm so excited, i cnt wait for the postie.
you know your all gonna have to tell me how to grow them now  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2008, 00:35:54 »
 Go and have a look at

http://www.tomatogrowers.com

and drool, you will see hundreds of toms in all colours and their descriptions,

XX Jeannine

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2008, 01:23:49 »
wow! do you order from this company? do they accept british cards etc and are they easy to order from? sarah xx

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2008, 08:20:34 »
Oh no! So much temptation :o

I found plenty of toms, aubs  and peppers I WANT!

I....must ....resist........

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2008, 08:31:25 »
Oh no! So much temptation :o

I found plenty of toms, aubs  and peppers I WANT!

I....must ....resist........

Could try hypnosis.... :D      :o :o :o :o :o  Your now feeling really really sleepyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... you shall resist......................!!!! :o :o :o :o

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2008, 09:26:22 »
zzzzzzzzzz..........................................

;D ;D ;D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:36 »
If anyone fancies getting together and buying a job lot let me know! i think the postage is standard amount for any order??  id like to try lots of those seeds, we could even choose our own varietys and split packets, so we end up with more!  ive never brought from usa though before! so hopefully jeannine will show up later and advise me!!!  xx

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2008, 11:47:16 »
That's gonna wake cj up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal