Author Topic: fuscia cuttings  (Read 1245 times)

debster

• Hectare
fuscia cuttings
« on: February 27, 2008, 13:07:03 »
I am gutted i bought a tiny fuscia plant and poted it on and its now dead  :'( and i am gutted now i dont mind paying for them but there could have been some advice about not putting outside til after frosts but they were sold from the hardy section  :( it was going to be beautiful called black upright. does anyone have and are they willing to sell any fuscia cuttings i could grow on indoors, i would particularly like a black one but would like two or three and would rather pay you guys then the nurserys
thanks debs
ps always said wouldnt grow flowers but getting into it, container ones anyone the garden is for veggies lol  ;D

Truffle

• Half Acre
    • Grow truffles!-
Re: fuscia cuttings
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 14:29:59 »
We've got a huge fuchsia we've just given a hard prune to, I could send you loads of hard-wood cuttings but I think they would take best from the new softwood in the spring. I can send you some twigs if you like, but it may be best to wait a little for the easy to root fresh stuff?
www.PlantationSystems.com
Want to know about truffles? then visit our website, you can even buy truffle-trees ;-)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 18:08:12 »
if its best to wait im perfectly happy to thanks for the advice

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 19:00:23 »
With such an early Easter this year, and Easter being the busiest time for the sellers, the garden centres are going to have a field day selling their tender plants to punters, who put them out, they then get hit with frost and die, Punter buys a second lot, puts them out, gets hit ... ££££££££££££

The garden centres DO put up signs saying "NOT HARDY", but you normally have to look for them. This is so, when the punter returns and complains, the can say ... "didn't you read the sign that's in the corner, behind the packing boxes, underneath the counter?"

As for Fuchsias, even the hardy type are not truly hardy unless they have been in the ground for 8-10 weeks before the first Autumn frost. This is to a) get their roots deep down where the frost won't get to, and b) slowly get used to the colder weather.

Even then, their first winter can be risky. But once/if they've survived that, they should go on for many years.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 19:10:52 »
thanks pesky wabbit there was no sign i could see but then i didnt turn over every stone and pot etc, my loass cos i should have read up first never mind you live and learn was only one at 75p so not too expensive a mistake lol  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal