Author Topic: Inserting photo's with text.  (Read 48698 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Inserting photo's with text.
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:41:40 »
Text can now be inserted between pic's.

Left click on a pic to enlarge. This is a useful option to enlarge those ones you want to compere but leave the other pic's small yet still in view.
 Left click on enlarged pic to reduce back. 

Write text and click 'additional Options' as usual to insert a pic. Click 'Brows' to find your pic on your 'puter. Double click that pic to pick-up the link. Then click 'Insert Attachment'. Your pic will insert onto the page where your curser is...; You will see 'attachment-1' where the pic will be. Press return to start a new line for additional typed words or second pic. Click 'more attachments' and brows for your second photo.
[attachment=1]
Like so...
[attachment=2]

Clicking on a file below will open a new window.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:06:42 by kenkew »

willebee

• Not So New ...
  • Pumpkins anyone?
Re: Inserting photo's with text.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 00:53:49 »
Hi Kenkew
You may think this is a silly question, but its only that to those who know the answer. The question is: How do you insert the pictures in the first place? I've tried various methods but all I get is [img] and not the picture.
Nothing ventured etc!!!!!

colin50

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 16:03:41 »
hi there  I am new here was looking at the photo with the spiders web cool pic nice pic very arty 8) my name is colin  51 years old and love gardening

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 19:39:24 »
Hi and welcome, Colin.
 I've been away for awhile but hopefully back 'fulltime' soon.
 If you click on a pic it will enlarge.
 Look forward to some of your contributions.
Ken.

Nemesia

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 17:34:57 »
Hi Kenkew
You may think this is a silly question, but its only that to those who know the answer. The question is: How do you insert the pictures in the first place? I've tried various methods but all I get is [img] and not the picture.

Exactly, I have been trying all week to put a photo in a post using Photobucket. My grandson gave me blow by blow instructions today but
I definitely have a problem with Photobucket as there are always flashing ads on the page with my picture - just on that site. I have told the site owner and they asked me send a copy of the page but the jumping ad bit doesn't copy.
I am not a thicko, honest, but it has got me beat.  I have also tried it in my Sony software but could not get to the size I was told to do i.e. 320x240.

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 18:53:22 »
Have you tried removing the [IMG] at the beginning and end of the link you are trying to post - that's how I seem to be able to post a piccy here, it means folks have to click on the link to see the piccy tho  :)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/ninnyscrops/DSCF1357.jpg - Jade plant that's been out in the garden all summer and needs a little perking up!

I just ignore all the flashin ads  ;D

Ninnyscrops
If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 12:03:47 »
Testing this from PBucket.

Seems to work OK. I did it by copying the IMG code under the PBucket pic and pasting it here. No problem.
Ken.

Squash63

• Half Acre
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 12:57:54 »

This was just a test to see if it works - it does!
Someone holding a Tromba d'Albegna squash I grew.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 18:29:11 »
omg! Thats a weird looking thing! The squash I am talking about, no offence to the headless man.

Squash63

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 18:57:43 »
omg! Thats a weird looking thing! The squash I am talking about, no offence to the headless man.

The headless man is a bit weird too!  Only joking,it's my brother in law. The squash was grown up 8ft. bean poles and when it reached the ground it started to curl round on itself.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 19:58:19 »
What was the squash and what did you make with it?

Squash63

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 20:13:35 »
What was the squash and what did you make with it?

It's Tromba d'Albenga from www.seedsofitaly.co.uk
You can use it like any other winter squash and it keeps well.  I sometimes roast it with onions, or use it in soup.  It is nearly all 'flesh' with only a few seeds near the fat end.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

jud1255

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 12:10:22 »
Testing this from PBucket.

Seems to work OK. I did it by copying the IMG code under the PBucket pic and pasting it here. No problem.
Ken.
sorry but i cannot see any img, all i can do is add the web address for each individual pic on photobucket,
Where am i going wrong ?

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 14:09:57 »
sorry but i cannot see any img, all i can do is add the web address for each individual pic on photobucket,
Where am i going wrong ?

I don't think you are going wrong at all.

When you insert the 'image code' between the tags([img}***[/img]http://) you will indeed see 'the image address'!

Once you have done this; look in preview and you will/should see the picture you want to post.

All that is required then is;click on 'post' then we all will see it!

BTW Ensure you have resized your picture in photobucket before you copy the image address. I use the 'large' setting I find it fits on these pages quite well vis;

Hope that helps.

jud1255

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 14:30:03 »
Where am i going wrong ?

I don't think you are going wrong at all.

When you insert the 'image code' between the tags([img}***[/img]http://) you will indeed see 'the image address'!

Once you have done this; look in preview and you will/should see the picture you want to post.

All that is required then is;click on 'post' then we all will see it!

BTW Ensure you have resized your picture in photobucket before you copy the image address. I use the 'large' setting I find it fits on these pages quite well vis;

Hope that helps.
nice one , thanks  and you make me sick with all that fresh produce on the table . Ha ha  no seriously it all looks great  i hope im the same next yr.
thanks again

jonick

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 17:16:09 »
HI ALL.  I am trying out method of posting pic's as have not had any success yet! 

No still no joy (additional options) does not give you any way of doing it! Can anybody please give a step by step way for fellow thickies and myself.

Jonick

jonick

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 17:26:25 »
HI All.  Pressing (additional options) gives no way of inserting Pic's, Or clicking browse!

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 19:58:58 »
I get the feeling that double image tags are getting used.

If copying and pasting the 'image code' from 'Photobucket' you do not have to put the code in image tags as these have already been taken care of, i.e. they are already part of the code!

In other words all that is required is a straight copy & paste into A4A

If you are not just copying & pasting I guess  this is why you are unsuccessful with your uploads.

Just a thought  ??? ::)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 20:46:38 »
You have to pay to post pics on A4A using the forum option.

Free and easy is post you pic on tinypics,an image hosting site click on the code that tells you it is for forums...copy then when you come to put the pic in your message on here just paste the code in and your pic will appear. :)

jonick

• Not So New ...
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 14:40:32 »
HI All.

Both the above messages are gobbledegook to me can nobody explain it in simple step by step directions!

Jonick.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal