Author Topic: Photo Gallery layout  (Read 4919 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Photo Gallery layout
« on: October 16, 2007, 21:08:38 »
A couple of questions if I may? 

1.  What is the difference between 'The Gallery' and 'Fun Photos'?  I was never able to work this out before but now they are under the same sub-heading I'm even less sure. 

2.  Why have you introduced an 'Our Pets' thread?  We have managed perfectly well with pets corner up to now haven't we?

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: Photo Gallery layout
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 21:29:38 »
Interesting point about pets corner / our pets, I'll have a think about it.

I've always though of the gallery as being for great photos, and fun photos for pictures of trains nearly falling off bridges etc.

Dan

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 21:33:00 »

I've always though of the gallery as being for great photos, and fun photos for pictures of trains nearly falling off bridges etc.

Dan

Oh heck,  then I've got it wrong on both counts all this time!  Why didn't you tell me? ;)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 21:44:03 »
Thanks for your questions, Georgie. I'll try and clarify things.
 All the topics covered before still exist and if anything are now easier to find than before.
Over the years more and more of us have been going down the digi-cam route and the ease and cost effectiveness of taking and sharing photographs has meant a hugh increase in this side of things. I take the blame for suggesting that the main areas where photographs are shown might be better placed in a dedicated Photo section. The Gallery, Pets, contest, Fun Pic's and a new section on general photo comments are now all together in that new section.
The Gallery hasn't changed at all and seems to be used for anyone to show their wonderful shots of their gardens, flowers and holidays, etc.
 The 'Fun Photos' I've always considered to be different to ther Gallery in that it's there for humour rather than beauty.
The Pet's section seems to have started from scratch. See it the same as the Pets Corner but the extra wording 'at work and play' I thought might encourage a few photo's of the likes of working dogs and horses etc.
 No-one is 100% sure about changing a familiar layout, but if we give it awhile to get used to it I'm sure it will work well.
 Thanks for your comments, any received are always seriously considered.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 23:08:04 by kenkew »

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 23:09:32 »
Thanks for unlocking the thread.  A few more comments:

I like the idea of grouping all the photos in a dedicated section: it makes a lot of sense.

If there is really a need to separate 'serious' photos from 'fun' ones then perhaps you could revisit the strap lines?

I remain unconvinced of a separate board for pets' pics when pets corner has served us well.  Would be nice to hear what others think.

G x

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 23:20:34 »
Is it the heading 'Our Pets' you feel should be 'Pets Corner'?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 23:29:22 by kenkew »

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 23:23:56 »
Being newish here I thought pets corner was more for talking about the pet in the picture or for posting about the passing of our furkids.....I felt it was a more serious non funny posting section.

Whereas the 'Our Pets' section was more comical, weird, odd, just photos really. Thats how I saw it anyhoo.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 00:03:50 »

I remain unconvinced of a separate board for pets' pics when pets corner has served us well.  Would be nice to hear what others think.

G x

^^ Agree

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 14:58:03 »
Have always thought Pets Corner covers everything needed. Certainly makes things easy for members wishing to post photos/stories about their pets.  No nail biting wondering if your photos are in the right place.
Lorna

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 17:52:43 »
Thanks for the feed-back. Will certainly look into it.

Ken.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal