Author Topic: Best boy names?  (Read 7586 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Best boy names?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 12:48:22 »
In our family past we had 3 Josiah's, a William Cornelius and a Siviter! (Daughter has named her laptop after him cos she liked the name!)

If boys mine were going to be called Gregg (M-In-Laws maiden name) or Benjamin.......................as it turned out we got a Megan and Hannah, and they both suit their name! ;D ;D (though the Megan is cross with me as her Dad wanted to call her Roxanne, and she wishes I had let him, but the Police song was out at the time........................ ::) ::) ::) )
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2008, 20:53:20 »

Has the great advantage of being a Mc, so if he grows up hating his first name, he can go by Mac!

moonbells

That reminds me, my family surname began with 'Mc' and my Dad was always called Mac by his friends. We had a farm (in NZ) so we hardly ever went on holiday but when I was 6 I was taken on holiday for the first time and we seemed to drive all over the South island of NZ on it. We ended up down in the South in Otago and I knew my parents used to live there so I wasn't surprised that every where we stopped for Petrol etc my Dad was greeted with 'Hello Mac' and being 6 I wasn't surprised that everyone knew my Dad. It wasn't till I got older that I realised that it was because so many scottish people had settled in Scotland that 'Mac' was used instead of 'mate' to greet any male customer.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2008, 21:28:24 »
Philip because it is his 18th birthday... and Andrew when he can buy me a pint in a couple of years...
 ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 11:24:48 »
Hi Doris_Pinks I just read your post again and was a bit startled......my brother-in-law's name is Bruce William Cornelius.....Cornelius is his surname.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31:47 »
 ;D ;D  Kea, Mines surname was Field!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2008, 12:17:23 »
Where did the Cornelius come from was it a family surname?

Sorry i can't help this my other hobby is family history and it's fascinating seeing the names people are called and why!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal