Author Topic: my first kitten  (Read 1473 times)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
my first kitten
« on: February 26, 2008, 20:38:11 »
we are going to see some kittens at the weekend with the view of giving one of them a home.  My OH has always had cats and dogs, but I've only ever had dogs and I am a little apprehensive. 

OH works from home so he'll build a real bond with the cat and I'm a bit worried about how it'll take to me.  I'm out for long days - 7-6/7 each day.

Any advice for a first timer ?

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
Re: my first kitten
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 20:45:57 »
hi,i breed cats ,and wen we sell the kittens we always ask people to take the kitten,wen they can spend at least 2 days with it at home.we dont let our kits go till they are 13 weeks old and vaccinated.make sure you got lots of toys.dont force the kitten to much let it do it s own thing.

wheelabo

• Not So New ...
Re: my first kitten
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 21:04:25 »
Hi.  I agree with grotbag.   We have several cats and they have all had kittens over the last few years.  Make sure you spend time with it when you first get it but let it do its own thing.  A responsible cat/kitten owner wont let the kitten go until it is at least 12 weeks old and had jabs/been wormed etc.  All our cats are neutered now so I'm really going to miss my kittens this year but good luck with yours :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal