Author Topic: Grape type tomatoes.  (Read 1628 times)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Grape type tomatoes.
« on: February 20, 2008, 17:45:37 »
I'm looking for some grape type tomatoes smaller then a cherry I can swop for other tomatoes.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Grape type tomatoes.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 17:54:12 »
do you know which one you want? XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 18:34:51 »
Not really just seen them last year in a magazine and I liked the look of them. Good for the childrens pack lunch boxes I thought.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 18:42:36 »
I've got about 10 Micro Tomato seeds if they are any good to you.  The plant only grows about 30cm and the toms are about grape size.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 18:44:27 »
Do they produce alot of fruit or will I need a few plants to feed my brood?

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 18:49:52 »
Depends on what you mean by a lot, how many children, how often you are going to put them in their lunch boxes and how many they will eat at a sitting.   ;D   ;) 

The plants produce as much as you would expect from something so small.  Two plants kept my daughter happy but then she had other toms to snack on too.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 19:14:43 »
I have several varieties if you just want ones that are regular size plants that produce small grape shaped tomatoes. Most are like the tiny plum shaped ones, is that what you are looking for? I also have  a few varieties of currant tomatoes but they are very very tiny ,a bit like recurrants.If you wish I will look up more specifics for you. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

rentawreck

• Quarter Acre
  • Welcome to my Patio Allotment
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 12:41:24 »
If you got kids then Peacevine may be a good choice as it is a cherry tomato with TWICE the vitamin C.

Make the kids bounce!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 20:50:55 »
Hi Rosy. Suttons & Dobies are doing tomato plants called hundreds & thousands. Could they be what you are looking for.
Janet.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal