Author Topic: Allotment Bill in Parliament  (Read 5950 times)

morton

• Half Acre
Re: Allotment Bill in Parliament
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 22:31:58 »
Prescott lives 1/4 mile from me, shall I stick a note through his door!!
I think the only weight that Prescott carries......... well we all know the answer to that one.

MattD

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 21:10:30 »
I bunged my MP an email the night before the bill was due, not expecting much more than a standard thank-you reply.  However, I received not one but two letters.  The first stating that the bill didn't get enough time on the original date but she would speak to Tony Baldry.

Here is the important section from the second letter:

"...Tony Baldry tells me that his Bill has demonstrated that there is a very considerable interest and support for the idea of local authorities being encouraged and given the ability to create new allotments, in addition to protecting existing allotments.  He also tells me that he has asked Ministers at the Department of Communities and Local Government to respnd in detail to points he made in his speech introducing the Bill."

My MP will get a copy of the response from the Department and will write to me in due course.

I guess the main thing is that enough people got in touch with their MP's to show that it was an important issue.  Who knows what may happen if we keep up the pressure.

Matt

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 21:27:36 »
I think our mp has the wrong idea, don't think he read my e mail properly..received a reply yesterday
"I have written to Rodney Hill, Chief executive of Wigan Leisure and culture about the current position in Wigan regarding allotments, i will come back to you with a full response in due course"..anyway, at least it is a response

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal