Author Topic: nearly lost him today  (Read 2427 times)

ACE

• Hectare
nearly lost him today
« on: February 18, 2008, 17:52:22 »
Flynn my border collie, had a really narrow sqeak today. Arrived at the garden I am working in and off he flies after the rabbits. I go and have a look at the work to do and we usually meet up again at coffee break. He usually appears at the rustle of a biscuit packet but today I thought he was still busy with the rabbits. I gave the usual whistle and heard a faint bark so I went in the general direction of the bark only to find he had fallen in the swimming pool and was totally exhausted with trying to get out. I grabbed his collar and yanked him out, wizzed him into the greenhouse, put the heater on high and towelled him down. A big bowl of warm milk and he stopped shivering and huddled down by the heater to rest.

I dread to think what would have happened if I had not found him then. He is alright now, spotlessly clean and  on sentry duty in front of the oven licking his lips and staring in the glass door at the meat cooking inside.

I think he might have a couple of slices tonight.

sarah

• Hectare
Re: nearly lost him today
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 18:00:31 »
o poor thing what a scare. glad he's ok.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 18:31:30 »
So glad he is safe, boy I bet he was glad to see you. In the 70's we sold our garage/filling station. At the same time our GS pregnant dog had a litter. The new garage owners wanted one of the pups. They always had a choke chain on the dog and one day the dog jumped up at a stake fence, the choke chain caught on a stake and strangled the poor dog. I have never left even a collar on a dog since (unless they are out walking.) So easy for accidents to happen.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 19:32:20 »
Glad he's ok now ACE, it just shows how easy they can get themselves into trouble and how fragile life actually is. I guess he'll be a bit more cautious now about that pool.......hopefully.

He does deserve a couple of slices of meat, bless him. You still have yer mate to share your biscuits with!!
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 20:40:03 »
Had our scrape too tonight - hubby breaked hard for a pheasnt and our old 15 year bounced off the back seat into the footwell - took her a long time to get back up   :(
If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 20:43:27 »
My parents idiot lab used to do that at the lake when we took him walking in the park. The stupid dog would just jump back in forgetting he could not get out.

Were talking about the same dog who would insist on 2 slices of BUTTERED toast for breakfast, if u gave her marg she would pick it up and put it in the bin!!

Mad dog who died with cancer 3 years ago and still missed, glad yours is ok :)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 22:34:44 »
What a fright for both of you - hope there was enough meat to go round for you all tonight!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 22:39:19 »
Oh Ace, I have duck bumps..you are both so lucky, what a relief, I am so very happy for you.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56:49 »
Jeanine

Are duck bumps the same as goose bumps!?

Old Bird

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal