Author Topic: guess what i got  (Read 2237 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
guess what i got
« on: February 13, 2008, 21:23:34 »
its my anniversary today and my hubby bought me a used rotavator I'm sure this isn't right but I'm well chuffed with it.he said he had borrowed it off a mate and we both used it on sunday then when i noticed it was still in the back garden this morning that's when he told me it was all mine when i went to work the girls all asked what id got and all looked at me oddly when i told them one even asked if i would be taking it back why cant they understand I'm over the moon about it i know a lot of you don't rate them but if you could see how much we got done at the weekend then you would understand why i think they are the dogs dangly bits and it has broken up the earth so it makes digging soooo much easier for me so I'm one happy bunny and hubby really has gone to the top of the list in my eyes oh hes the best (just don't tell him will you big head and all that)
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Re: guess what i got
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 21:30:43 »
Happy Anniversary.
How many years are you celebrating?
Glad I'm not the only one who gets excited about garden stuff. I couldn't sleep the night I got my first greenhouse. I even got up in the night to check *It was ok*  ::)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 21:41:51 »
I'm the same all my friends though I was crazy when I asked for all my seeds for my birthday and christmas, and valentines day I have asked for a greenhouse heater.  My greenhouse is like my baby I go outside every morning and check on it, so im just as bad.
YOu lucky one to get a rotivator I have been looking for one for ages, time for the hints to be dropped lol

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 22:01:09 »
Happy Anniversary, what's odd about a rotovator. I got two lorry loads of cow poo last anni in April XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 22:09:54 »
Happy Anniversary. Sensible present :)

morton

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 22:24:06 »
Wish mine was so easy to buy for Jeannine. xx

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 22:30:03 »
We haven't decided what to get Betty (91) for her birthday... a tonne of Muck or a lot of Mushroom compost....
Either way it will come with a "we'll help you dig it in voucher"
 ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:49 »
The best presents are the things you really want but wouldn't buy for yourself.....a rotovator sounds ideal! My best presents are all garden/ allotment related....although I'm still waiting for my allotment shed to be finished....(Christmas present 2006....who would be married to a carpenter! Always busy doing other peoples work!) :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 12:07:49 »
I got a petrol strimmer for my birthday....my OH was a bit reluctant to buy me that but better than something else that i might not even want.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 12:28:40 »
I always get seeds nowadays whch I love as people seem to take time to find me unusual ones. But I did tell family that I was starting a shed fund - so they have been adding to this. I am now in the position I can buy one! My OH is buying me the slabs for the base. I am extremely happy with this - the best presents are those you make use of.  ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 13:41:39 »
My OH got a shredder for my birthday one year.  He liked it so much he wouldn't let me play with it.  >:( >:( >:(
The Tuscan Beaneater

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 18:54:53 »
OH got me an electric propergator for my birthday.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 19:12:44 »
I got asparagus plants, elephant garlic and shallot bulbs ofr valentines day, at least they will not gather dust like the rest of the teddy bears I have lol

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 19:18:38 »
i got the wellies i soooo needed for my aniversary with fleece sock liner thingy's i think they are brill.

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:12:42 »
hi I'm glad I'm not the only one................. to ask for (what other people think as strange) presants on mothers Day i shall drop hints that i would like flower seeds instead of flowers that will only last a couple of days at least with the seeds i get the enjoyment of planting and mothering them I'm now thinking of birthday pressies (birthday august the 22ND) and what i would really need to help down the lotty i thought it would be great not to ask for anything just help (it would be cheaper for every one) don't think i will get much joy there  ::) ::) 
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

LJ

• Quarter Acre
  • Bridgend, South Wales
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 23:56:19 »
Not had access to the internet recently so haven't been on this site for such a long time :'( Reading this made me realise how much I've missed it!!! I'm not the only one who LOVES garden related pressies!! I only started my veggie patch last year and my family thought I'd lost the plot when I requested gardening tools for my birthday...only wish I'd got the gardening bug before I got married, I could have had a field day writing our wedding list  ;D

Twirlie

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 00:13:31 »
What a brill gift.  I got a little zip up greenhouse for valentines day so I can start my seedlings in the back yard and keep an eye on them.   I think it's hubbies way of stopping me spending every dry minute on the plot!!!!   ::)  My sister in law bought me an impulse garden sprinkler, heavy duty apron and some spring bulbs for chrimbo this last year, I was so chuffed cause last year she bought me a  watch that I have never worn and feel guilty every time I look at it!  Don't think the sprinkler will go down well on the plot but she'd really thought about it and it meant a lot.
Twirlie ;D :D :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal