Author Topic: What can I plant and When  (Read 928 times)

caseylee

• Hectare
What can I plant and When
« on: February 12, 2008, 00:34:59 »
Hello there
I am a newbie to the allotment site, and I have been trying to find a decent planting calender everywhere.  I have a rough idea on what times of year I need to plant certain things, but was wondering if anyone had a calender version that I can print and keep in my file.
Thank you
Linda

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: What can I plant and When
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:34:48 »
hiya, linda..welcome to the site, I think if you put it in the search at the top of the page, there was a thread earlier on this, happy growing  ;D

luckydog

• Half Acre
  • Montgomeryshire
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 10:54:44 »

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 11:33:46 »
This is less graphic but has some more uncommon varieties such a Pak Choi

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/vegetable-calendar.htm

I also find this site quite helpful but be careful, the front page section 'What needs sowing' doesn't distinguish between indoor and outdoor - you need to click on the veg concerned to check.

http://www.the-gardeners-calendar.co.uk/default.asp

Producer

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 19:33:06 »
These calanders are really helpful.  As a novice still trying to get their plot free of weeds and litter Ive been totally confused when I start sowing and how many months I have to do so...  Some of the books have diary type calenders in i.e. January start doing this and that....  But I dont find these helpful as Im halfway through Feb!  Anyway, the calanders mentioned in this thread are perfect. 

Does anyone know of any calenders that include veg (incl potatoes) and fruit, and that differentiate between in doors and out doors?  I think the best type would be a calender that covers fruit and veg, and states basic instructions e.g. greenhouse, outside, indoors,

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 20:50:35 »
Welcome Linda,

Thanks for the *Bump*. I was going to post asking Tee Gee for his web site heading so I could access all his wonderful information from my bookmarks.

If you would be so kind Tee Gee.....I know you have put it up before, but I have had hours of no luck trying to find it........................Fankoo :-*
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal