Author Topic: What are these monsters?  (Read 4296 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: What are these monsters?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 20:18:47 »
Hi are you saying I cannot send chocolate to the US. I have a parcel of handmaded expensive ones here to go right now !!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 23:49:27 »
The post office should have up to date customs regulations with a checklist saying what is or isn't allowed into the US so you can check when sending the parcel. I know chocolates containing alcohol are not allowed but I think any other chocolate should be ok as long as it listed on the customs declaration.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 02:21:40 »
Re my earlier post about Customs in Amsterdam - offspring fibbed about it!

Turned up with my birthday presents - all the bags of bulbs he did bring back after all, but kept as a surprise! I now have 50 tulips, some paperwhite daffs... and some lotus seeds - YIPPEE!!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 21:57:06 »
sure they are not the________ triffids!!! they are back arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh ;D ;D
today i will be growin veg!!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 22:43:10 »
I'd just as soon slice 'em and fry 'em!

Actually, I've never grown these before so it'll be a challenge -  and of course being a gift,  I'll always treasure them (gulp!)

;D
Lesson for life:

floraldi

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 18:15:03 »
Don't you like Amaryllis then?  We are getting enormous pleasure from the one I bought from B & Q half price a few weeks ago. There is another flower coming and that will make 8.  Great display from one bulb!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 19:45:31 »
It's just that all the plants I like 'work for a living', so to speak, producing either scent, fruit or space - i.e. climbers - and preferably a combination, and... well, to be honest, Amaryllis don't DO anything except sit there. They could be made of cloth or plastic -  one of those 'Pretty Vacant' plants that just leave me cold. I'm the same with Gladioli and - shock horror! - even Orchids.

I wouldn't for the world decry yours or anyone else's enjoyment of them though and I'm delighted that you do. My pleasure will come from the challenge of growing them for the first time and of course, being a gift - and a sincere and heartfelt one at that - they'll be treasured.

By the way, I may well be pestering you for advice on these - in the meantime, happy growing!

;D

Lesson for life:

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 20:42:27 »
They will make nice presents Amazin ;D

I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal