Author Topic: Cruelty to Slugs & Snails  (Read 17246 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re:Cruelty to Slugs & Snails
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2004, 18:07:23 »
 :PThe dog would eat it, oh make it a haggis and maybe we'd all try it.Yep refined...the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plane...By jove I've got it. :-*
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2004, 20:56:38 »
 >:( being able to quote silly sayings does NOT make you refined!
For example, if I were to say "Hoo noo broon coo", I would not be refined either. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear  :P

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2004, 21:37:56 »
Found a new way to dispose of slugs. Just got hold of a new billhook with a double edge. As I come across them I hack them in half and use the flat of the blade to fling them where the birds will find them. Whats really disgusting is the fact the front half keeps moving, until it realises its be seperated from its rear end. Crushing snails with the flat of the blade is immensly good fun too.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2004, 15:25:43 »
 :PWhats refined then, I thought the hoi poli were always saying silly things? Oh well its back to Neanderthal man  and yes I'm fine thanks....oh I thought you were asking how I was, hmmph first you call me a hippo, then a cow, or was that a sow, a body could get offended you know. Heard you got some real wild cats up there, the farmers have to put pretty colours on their sheep, at least we don't have to have Barbie animals. ;)

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2004, 16:03:05 »
 :D No, no, Val! It's just that we have fashionable animals up here!
I don't know if stripy sheep are a deterrent to panthers or not, but I've a feeling they may think they're zebras and eat them anyway! I personally haven't seen any large black felines - apart from our neighbour's black tom that comes and sprays against my pots!
I HAVE seen a couple of large stripy wildcats locally, but to be honest, they don't look that different to a domestic tabby - just much bigger.
I haven't done my lines yet ... I hope I don't get a detention! However, have you read Trailrat's posting (above)? I think it's high time he got a detention!  ;)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2004, 16:59:09 »
 ;DSeems strange just been talking to you on another post.Think Ratty should be expelled not detention...or to be PC, permanentely excluded. We've got a local wildlife place here....if you saw Britain Goes Wild, it was the wood where the dormouse is.....They've got a wild cat and when the kids were younger we were all looking for the wildcat thinking the cat in the cage was the local tabby. Wasn't really a cage more a fenced off area.I'd love to see a video of the panthers and things that are supposed to running wild in our countryside. Just a video mind, I don't want to come across one. lol.

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2004, 18:10:41 »
What did I do wrong?  ??? :o ???

If I must be punished please don't PC me, just give me a good sound spanking. :-X

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2004, 21:48:20 »
Apparently a couple of people on our site collect large snails, feed them on lettuce for a few weeks (?) to cleanse them and then eat them (only got this info second hand) - I do know snails are bred for eating but somehow didn't think the everyday variety would be the same.  Maybe being pampered then eaten is the ultimate in cruelty but not so different from all the other creatures we scoff!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2004, 10:47:59 »
 :-XRatty you'd enjoy it, a punishment is supposed to be a chore not a pleasure. so when you've dug your plot you can , dig it all over again.
 :(Ah Wicker poor little snails, seems a bit to hands on for me. ;D

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2004, 17:36:29 »
Hi Wicker, I certainly don't fancy eating any of my snails! However, feeding them lettuce should make them soporific, so you could catch them easily!  ;)
Val, I think Trailrat's punishment could last for several years, the speed he digs at!  ;D
Finding new ways to humiliate and vommit violence against snails is a violation of their snail rights, under European law no. 123456. I herby sentence you to 3 years hard labour to be carried out in your back yard. Any further incidences of the aforementioned cruelty will result in your having to cook and eat the snails you torture. Court adjourned.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2004, 18:46:44 »
 ;DPlease your honor but  he's not working hard enough at his labour, if it would please your worship I nominate myself to supervise and crack the whip,...heh, heh ,heh.oh arr, that be reet.I do love to see a man on his knees, putting his back into it, shoulders against the wall. oh heck you get the drift. ;)

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2004, 00:17:17 »
I nominate Val as my warden. Oh yes please. As for the snail punishment, been there and done the escargot thing. Very tasty when covered in garlic butter. The french do love their garlic. Was very chewy, is it meant to be like eating pencil rubbers.

Warden Val, permission to let my working muscles breath, by letting me work in shorts and topless.

TrailRat

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2004, 17:03:02 »
 >:( Silence in court! Warden Val, I think Mr Rat is becoming overheated. Permission granted to hose him down with ice cold water! Or failing that, turn on the sprinkler! Please note that the defendant is not allowed to run underneath it nor make a slide on the grass with it.
The defendant shall work diligently in his garden without the fortification of beer or alcopops. The beer is to be reserved for slug traps (at least the slugs wil die happy) and the alcopops shall be confiscated and consumed by the Judge and Warden. 8) Hic!

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2004, 17:05:56 »
oooooohhhh, I like it when I get treated rough.

Shame about the beer though :'(

TrailRat

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2004, 10:22:57 »
 ;)Silence, Mr. Ro-dent, otherwise known as RT666. You will stand to attenshion when hoshed down. Yum these alchos are great,,, now where's me chair.....If it do please your hhonor, the aforesaid warden will sup..shup...supe.....take charge, to 'elp me conshen...to 'elp me focus the mind, will close me eyes for a bit......zzzzzz

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2004, 21:33:39 »
 :-[ Whash that, Val? Eh? Eh? Oh yesh! Look! The prishoner's digging a hole under the fence! Ha ha ha! Hic! Has ha - oops! He's eshcaping? QUICK! Help me up off thish deck chair! Oh no! Who'sh tied my lacesh together? What the - ooops! I've fallen over! Ha ha! I've fallen over! I think I've broken my head! Ha ha ha! Hic! Gosh that's shore!  :(

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2004, 21:43:54 »
It's very hard to leg it with this case of beer under my arm. Oh well it'll be worth it. By the way the snails tied your laces together. :D

TrailRat

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2004, 07:43:16 »
:-[ Whash that, Val? Eh? Eh? Oh yesh! Look! The prishoner's digging a hole under the fence! Ha ha ha! Hic! Has ha - oops! He's eshcaping? QUICK! Help me up off thish deck chair! Oh no! Who'sh tied my lacesh together? What the - ooops! I've fallen over! Ha ha! I've fallen over! I think I've broken my head! Ha ha ha! Hic! Gosh that's shore!  :(
LOL folks ,thats hilarious!

Spurdie you sound just like Sean Canary!

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2004, 10:58:21 »
zzzzzzzwhat, what,zzzz

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2004, 19:22:21 »