Author Topic: If you thought the wind did this.....  (Read 2704 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
If you thought the wind did this.....
« on: January 24, 2008, 22:31:55 »
......... you'd be wrong! it's the work of SCUM that broke into the allotments.They even tried to set fire to a pigeon loft on the plot next to mine.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: If you thought the wind did this.....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 22:44:47 »
Oh Froglegs, how terrible and the scumbags never get caught. I have recently had a stupid thing done on my side garden, all the rope cut in several places in my post and rope fence, but crikey that is nothing compared with what you have posted. My son has fitted a camera how I wish I could catch them. I get so mad when I read of the damage which is done to people's property, pity they don't try doing some work to keep them occupied.

morton

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 22:53:13 »
Feel so very sorry for you froglegs. Its every true allotmenteers worst fear. The perpetrators are the lowest of the low.
I always wanted good old Albert Pierrepoints job and would have paid for the privilege. Trouble is the weak kneed judiciary of today would have made me redundant.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 23:46:56 »
Frogslegs that is awful. I hope the beings that did this get their just desserts- though I fear they will not. >:(
Deepest commiserations.
Smile, it confuses people.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:35:27 »
you poor thing. it is so awful. you must report this to the police even thought the chances of justice are remote. its important they have a record of these attacks. in the meantime you have all our sympathy. :'(

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:22:40 »
The glasshouse and poly are not mine they are on a plot up from mine,i dont have any on my polt for that reason. my mate next to me is now worried sick that they will come back and torch his loft.The Police and someone from the council have been and had a look at the damage,but unless you catch them red handed theres nothing much they can do.There are over 200 plots on the site with plenty of cover for them to sneak about at night without being seen.My only hope is that someone will wake up in government and see that something as got to be done about this yob culture that is breeding fast in this land.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:27:50 by froglegs »

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 10:07:55 »
*fatherless children*! And I make no apology for my language. In fact I've toned down what I'd really like to say.

Last year I bought 30 all new 8' canes for my runners and climbers and the "same word as above" stole the lot. In fact they stole every singe cane off of every single plot.

I'm a Foster parent and all four of my kids spent all summer caring for and nurturing their own pumpkin plant for Halloween. They managed to grow some really nice ones, not giants but bigger than any shop bought ones. They were really enthusiastic and their sole purpose in life was to look after these pumpkins so they could make their own lanterns  from seed to finished article...

And guess what? Yes, the "same word as above" stole the bloody lot. They left a few misshaped manky ones but it wasn't the same.

What would I do with them if I caught them? Probably 25 years!

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 10:15:57 »
I really do not understand how or why this type of behaviour is sanctioned in our society.  It seems to me that our governments have spent the last 30 years working hard to cripple the legal system and make life easier for criminals and harder for law abiding citizens.

This slow decay is really starting to show now and I wonder how long before the tipping point will be reached, and then I also wonder what the reaction will be from our glorious leaders...allow it to continue or admit their mistakes and restore the rights they have stripped from parents, teachers and law enforcement to bring these idiots back in line...

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 18:48:50 »
oh this is really sickening.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 18:51:24 »
b**tards , it must be sickening, so sorry you're going through this, froglegs..hope you get it sorted  >:(

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 19:16:11 »
get some bear traps and set them out !!!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 19:16:55 »
One of my neighbours has had his polytunnel done twice. The person we think is responsible has now been charged.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 19:31:13 »
get some bear traps and set them out !!!

We are not able to get up to our plots over the winter as the wind makes it very difficult, so i have set my plot up so that there is a narrow opening which i barricade with the wheelbarrow and wood which they have to move to get in. This has some clean surfaces for fingerprints and if they get past this i have usualy got trip hazzards and holes filled with sharp things and covered in plastic :)

If the police ask i just have to say that the hole was for planting and that the stuff blew in  ;D

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 23:25:04 »
Its a real shame you have to resort to lying Cam, but I would do the same.

Froglegs, its terrible what they have done to your neighbours plot. It just seems a waste of honourable folks time to grow healthy food for mindless idiots to trash. I can understand why you wont have a g/house or tunnel.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 10:27:13 »
Pointless vandalism totally infuriates me  >:(

mrf94

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 20:52:02 »
Comiserations,

The first time this happens to me im planting pungi stakes ..With manure..

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 20:40:03 »
Do you know I try to see the good in most people - but I just can't understand why some people do this type of thing - what do they get out of it? Whats the point?

One of my lotties is on a very small site - there is only two of us. Before we put a little fence up in Sept this year people could walk onto the lottie if they wanted - I have never had any damage or anything stolen. But this summer I went to the bin where I store nets and things to keep them dry and clean and someone had left little plastic bags in there with dog poo in - goodness knows why. Did they think it was a disposal bin although they had to walk across the plot to get to it - or someones idea of a joke - god knows. I suppose I should be grateful it was in plastic bags.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal