Author Topic: Open Office Suite  (Read 5503 times)

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
Re: Open Office Suite
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 20:12:29 »
I have an old Aspire Laptop (thrown away by a friend).  The laptop is difficult to start (button on the way out) but I have patience.

I play bridge on the laptop and it is very stable with Ubuntu as the OS.  The OS has fallen over very very few times in the two years I have been using it.

I did have a problem with my wireless card but soon sorted it by going to the Ubuntu forums.  I have not yet installed the new version of Ubuntu but will do so over the next week.

the only thing I need to use is the wireless Lexmark printer and there is a problem because Lexmark will not release the code to Ubuntu to make it "connect".

Open office is very good and like the others can recommend it.  I also prefer Firefox rather than IE.  We have two laptops and two PC's (home built) but I do prefer the Ubuntu as it is extremely easy to load and use.

I would definately say give it a go.  But always remember it is DIY but with a big community that is always willing to help.

regards  Bill

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 21:47:00 »
It only copied the beginning cell to the end cell, but didn't fill all the ones in between.

Try writing it in the first cell, then click on any other cell, then click on the first again, you will then see a box with a small tag on the bottom right corner, Click and hold that tag, then drag it down to the final cell. It should copy the text (or figures) into all the cells in the column.

If it doesn't work then there must be something wrong with your Open Office.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 23:02:32 »
Finally got round to installing this on my OH's new laptop.  It's the bees.  Much better in nearly every way than Gate's £150 pile of pants.  Thanks guys for giving me the confidence to have a go with it.  Now, to persuade my school to transfer to it so I too can use it more.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal