Author Topic: The last supper!!  (Read 4645 times)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: The last supper!!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 17:18:27 »
You might try porridge in the a.m. for variety. I find it lasts well and I think the proper type has a low GI

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 19:54:07 »
 i dont eat ready meals much, but just for quickness and if i get desperate, Morrisons are doing the weight watchers meals at the moment for 69p each, thats a real bargain!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 19:55:26 »
that's the way we eat, barnowl, 'cos Ray's diabetic, low gi is better for him..also,
gunnerbee..from when I used to diet, I used to  keep lots of carrot and celery sticks in the fridge to snack on  :)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 19:59:05 »
Having tried every club ! and diet going in my time i have done best on my diet which is based on rosemary connellys low fat diet with exercise and she is the only club that includes an exercise class in the weekly fee !!!!
So im saving my money by not going to a club and spending that on nice fruit and veggies and the money i would have wasted on sweeties, cakes and take aways more than covers my monthly gym fees !
I will say one thing you will never stick to lossing weight unless your head and heart are in it ! having dealt with lossing my sister and mother and had womb cancer which lead to major surgery all in one year and then treatment for 3 months i just could not get myself motivated into dealing with lossing weight, once life calmed down i found my brain clicked and thats it there is NO shaking me now i want the fat gone and i want to run the race for life in memory of my sister next year, no matter how slow i finish it i WILL finish it  :)
My top tip is eat plenty drink water and get moving !! my biggest problem was sitting on my fat bum and being very lazy  :-[
Come on you can do it  :D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 20:01:52 »
I joined Weight Watchers a few years ago and put 4 pound on the first month, they wanted me to eat more food than I already did and I felt totally stuffed all the time.

I followed it to the T and quit when they said I hadn't.  Not for me this one.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 20:24:07 »
good for you flowerofshona and she would be very proud of you, as with you last year for me was a write off due to ill health medication etc so i left it until i was ready which was this year after a pig out at christmas feel better already even after just 3 weeks

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 20:43:21 »
Posted by: manicscousers  I used to  keep lots of carrot and celery sticks in the fridge to snack on 

Im trying to avoid celery at the moment as im very partial to dipping it in the peanut butter jar!!!

I just love food too much!! ;D ;D ;D

Its the first time i felt full tonight, as i had two chippolatas, homemade bubble and squeak, beans and an egg,

The simplest meals are the best and the kids had clean plates too!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 20:49:39 »
I eat loads of celery, good for arthritic joints, Ray's nan used to boil it and drink the water  :o
just don't obsess about your weight, gb..we ladies need a little weight to help stop osteoporosis :)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 22:11:29 »
I have great meals including roast dinners with dry roast potatoes and parsnips, currys, chilli, cottage pie, stir fries, spag bols but they are all cooked with no oil or fat, it takes a few days to get used to but its sooo easy, you par boil your potatoes fluff them up and sprinkle with a little salt and into a hot oven you get yummy roasties and i dry fry onions ect for the currys and drain off any fat that comes out of the meat, sounds a lot but its really easy and you dont feel like you are missing anything !!! No one loves food as much as i do and i even enjoy the gym as its a small one and not a yuppy one ! i love the swimm after and im allowed to take my towel to the edge and they pull the blind down so people cant see in and i go on the adults only time  :)
Today i had...
Cornflakes and banana
turkey salad, yoghert
chicken stir fry and yoghert
few grapes
One thing i dont eat now is bread its the one thing that will pile the pounds on me very fast !
Cant wait to get growing fresh salads and veggies again they taste sooo much better  :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 22:27:00 »
Dawn having read your posts.. wow what a result. I am convinced you WILL do that run and I am sure you will finish in style. Look forward to reading more posts from you and the other ladies letting us know how things are going. Good Luck.

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 22:28:54 »
Yes and a non-stick pan is a godsend!!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 22:42:07 »
Lots of luck to everybody trying to shift some timber.

FlowerofS, you are very inspirational with your weight loss, what great results, well done.

I watched tonight's X-Weighted eating an iced apple danish.  I haven't got off to a very good start!  :-[ ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 09:04:35 »
Hmmm, SB, I'd forgotten all about apple danish (iced), and how delicious and mouth watering and comforting they are.......I'm going to take the dog out now to try to forget. :'( ;D.
Smile, it confuses people.

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 11:03:56 »
Weigh In Night tomorrow night!! ill be on here to let you know how i got on!! stuck to this diet like glue, so im hoping ill loose a few pounds so i dont feel disheartened going into week 2, only problems ive had is lack of sleep/insomnia, hoping things will get better the more i go on.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 16:37:27 »
Yes and a non-stick pan is a godsend!!
You running a pancake race then Fl-of-Shona? :o
Smile, it confuses people.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 22:35:59 »
Gunnerbee, if you're anything like me, you'll have one week of no sleep followed by two or three of sleeping all the time! I only seem to be balancing out now, after starting this (and going on the wagon!) on 2 January.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 23:44:14 »
Good luck with the weigh in, Gunnerbee.  I weighed myself today and made a chart to stick on the fridge, going down 2lbs a week.  I'd like to lose at least that each week.  More than that is good but that's my minimum.  Next weigh in, next Saturday  :)

I also made myself a picture to stick on the fridge to help me when I'm feeling tempted!  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 23:53:44 by SavageBlue »

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 09:40:49 »
You running a pancake race then Fl-of-Shona?

Not unless they carry me round  ;D    ;D    ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 15:28:56 »
I,v managed to lose 9lb this month so far ;D don,t like clubs and I,v been to most of um in my time but us mature peeps have a friday weigh in on the sagazone which I find very helpfull. a few carbs a bit of protein and lots of veg
and lots of exercise is doing it for me and treating anything with lots of sugar in as poison ( as it is to my diabetic OH) helps
marg
may we all be a bunch of losers ;)
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 16:00:00 »
Good luck for tonight Gunnerbee.   DON'T be put off if you don't lose as much as you imagine - next week will be better.  If you are pointing you need to eat all your points.  Tonight I've got, steamed cabbage and onion (from lottie) with some mixed roasted veg (carrots and parsnip from lottie) and a breast of chicken (steamed).  Puds will be plain yogurt and blackberries with sweetener.  A feast!
Twinkletoes

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal