Author Topic: The last supper!!  (Read 4691 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
The last supper!!
« on: January 23, 2008, 00:35:13 »
Joined weight Watchers on monday, so sunday night i ate loads of bread with baked runny camembert on top with a splodge of my mums rhubarb and date chutney on top, ate a whole camembert and washed it down with 4 tins of beer!!! and it was pure heaven   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: The last supper!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 13:51:29 »
delicious!! wishing you all the very best good luck with weight watchers,
rach x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 14:12:24 »
Gunnerbee

Best of luck with the weight loss!!

I found proper fast walking (I think they call it "power walking") really does help enormously!  If you can do 20+ minutes a day - luckily I have dogs so I have to go regardless of whether I want to or not - you will notice that your weight drops off quickly and your muscles get toned also pretty quickly - PLUS and this is a big PLUS it makes you feel sensationally alive and good!

Good Luck

Let us know how you do!

Old Bird

;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 14:46:45 »
gunnerbeee, if it makes you feel any better, I did my first hour of aerobics last night in over 7 years................ :o :o :o  Felt like a puffing old steam train, then I came home and had sausages n mash! ;D ;D   Well, I figured it balanced something out somewhere, and the sausages really needed using up, as did the glass of wine left in the bottle! ;) ;D
Off to it again tonight, n the kids want macaroni n cheese for dinner.........but I shall serve it with a salad too!;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

CoffeePot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 16:04:19 »
Good luck with Weight Watchers  :)
 I like your thinking Doris Pinks, I always tell myself if I have salad with pizza etc it's not so bad  ;)   

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 21:23:46 »
ate a whole camembert and washed it down with 4 tins of beer!!

:o :o :o LOLOL

Good luck, gunnerbee, I wish you all the best.  If you have Sky TV, try catching a programme called X-Weighted on SkyRealLives.  It's really informative and helpful.

My sis and I are about to re-join a waterobics class at the local pool.  The last time we went, we were asked to leave because we got hysterical giggles and couldn't stop .....  ;D ;D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 00:09:18 »
Monday is the big "Weigh In" so i will let you know how i get on!! Perhaps we should have a A4A slimming club!!!

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:56:44 »
Good luck, but its all about what you put into our mouths.

Vony.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 08:21:51 »
and how you burn it off throughout the day

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 08:22:45 »
bit difficult when you've mobility probs  :( :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:02 »
I' m Emagggie and I'm a weight watcher  8)
If I write down what I eat every day, I stick to the diet. It took me a while to get used to smaller portions and only one glass of wine :(, but I've lost 9lbs ish since early December.
I don't go as far as counting points when I go out - that would be torture in the extreme and just plain daft. ::)
Good luck Gunnerbee.........gis a progress report. ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 09:09:21 »
Thanks all, emaggie i find im CONSTANTLY eating on this weight watchers programme though and always seem to be hungry, do you have the same?

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 09:42:44 »
Morning Gunnerbee.  Congrats on taking the first step to WW.  If you have enough points and you go for the low pointed stuff, you really can eat all day though I suspect a couple of proper substantial meals a day will be good for you.  You shouldn't feel hungry all the time though and you should mention this to your leader when you go for your weigh-in.  Emagggi is right - it is easy to follow and you really do need to write everything down.  Good luck and keep us posted of progress.
Twinkletoes

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:23 »
Gunnerbee

Are you drinking loads of water?  If you feel a hunger pang have a glass of water.  You will pee for England but it does help to keep hunger pangs at bay flush out toxins etc (good for your liver/kidney etc) and it is free and on tap!

Keep going!  It does get easier!

Old Bird
 ;D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 10:30:16 »
Cheers, yes bottles of the stuff, does fill you up and my skin feels better already, not the same as a bottle of wine though  ;D ;D ;D

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 11:35:43 »
actually it i a proven fact that if you feel hungy have a glass of water wait a while if youre still hungry then you probably are truly hungry, humans often mistake thirst for hunger.

I use the slimming world healthy eating option, it works really well for me, the year before last i lost shed loads of weight but last year after pneumonia etc etc and about 6 months on steroids it nearly all went back on, i decided to write the last year off and start again on 1st Jan i dont atend class hubby and i do it at home and thus far I have lost 8lbs and eating lots and enjoying it all, on a nother forum i belong to we have a weekly weigh in no one says what they weigh just what they lose gives everyone some support

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 13:40:59 »
Good luck hun!!!!!
I have lost almost 5 stone in 5 months, i go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have the lottie to dig over to  :D
Its hard work but the benifits are brilliant ! i have another 10 stone to lose so going to be a long hall but im looking forward to the summer 2009  :D

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 14:06:09 »
Wow Dawn you have done really well, good luck to you, got any secrets to share?

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 14:59:28 »
Keep busy and STEP AWAY FROM THE LARDER. ;D
It does get easier, I promise. Tesco's Healthy Options have WW points on them usually, also Rakusens do 99% fat free crackers, 4=1 point. Nice with no butter and a smear of Bovril on with a bowl of home made veg soup. Stuffed peppers ( small allowance of rice, mushrooms,sp. onion, tomato, etc.) Suprising how that fills you up for few points.Fruit ,fruit and more fruit if you need a sweet taste. (look up points value first).
Carry on the good work Gunnerbee. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 16:35:53 »
Don't know about WW, so hope advice doesn't contradict it, but have just started GI diet with Tescos and bitched endlessly the first week because I was starving all the time. Now try to eat pasta a lot, as low GI so lasts longer, and start every day off with two slices of toast, one with low fat marge and marmite, and one with a poached egg. Don't get hungry till nearly lunchtime, and bring in loads of fruit each day to snack on (saves biscuit temptation). Hardest thing for me is portion control as I'm an enthusiastic eater, and when I like something I really, really like it!

Keep it up, it'll give me hope.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal