Author Topic: please can some one help ???  (Read 1874 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
please can some one help ???
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:49 »
my little baby lil has got the trots she is eating and drinking ok but her pooh is runny and a funny sort of colour  :o :o what can i do she seems to be her normal self apart from the pooh please advice needed thanks one worried mummy
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: please can some one help ???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 14:55:12 »
Is Lil a hen?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 16:31:36 »
lil is a hen and off colour still
Link To My Pictures

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 17:25:38 »
Separate her from the others. Feed her bread, biscuit crumbs, minimum pellets. Ensure she has fresh water daily. See how she goes over the following 2 days.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 10:00:13 »
Apple cider vingar in the water is good  ( do it for a week) also you could chop fine a onion and give her some natures antibiotic. This can be given to all your hens once a week.
My hens have the trots if they eat lettuce but they do love it so its rashoned. Have a think what extras you have given them?
If her tail feathers are up its not to serious if they are down shes not too well at all. May be a chill with all this weather.
Watch out for dirty bum, some hens dont like cleaning themselves so you may need to wash and blow dry it.
change all bedding and nesting material I do mine weekly in this weather it does get damp and not nice for them.
lastly  are your hens due for worming?
Hens can get stressed out if moved out from the others I only do it as a last resort.

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 18:27:53 »
thanks for the reply Teresa ;) i will try the onion  do i add it to the food? and the apple cider vinegar in the water i will also try i have wormed them last week !! and Lil's tail feathers are fine and she doesn't have a dirty bum!!!bedding gets changed every week , i haven't moved her any where on her own but she was in with two cockerels (they have now gone) and all i can think of is that is may be to much corn so i will ration her on that also on her cabbage intake and her fruit and will keep you posted . could it be that she was being bothered  ;)by the cockerels and now they aren't there now its upset the pecking order although Gert is fine with her in fact i would say she mothers her a bit which is funny to watch lol . its not every poo that is runny and she has also been nesting one of these days i might get an egg !!!   
Link To My Pictures

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 22:14:15 »
You can add the chopped onion to food or put in a seperate dish for them all to eat they will take what they need. I have a rhubarb plant along side the main run and the girls help them selves to the leaves when they need it (another natural wormer) I did worry when I saw the leaves eaten but found out its good for them.
Boys can worry the hens some dont take to kindly to constant advances give her a week and if the other hen is looking after her thats great shes not getting bullied.
Corn is given to fill the crop and gives off heat over night to hens mine wont eat it so they have some wild bird seed sometimes the sunflower seeds they love but in small quanities too much can give heart problems.
I do hope you get a egg soon it makes all the worry worthwile. My older girls are just comming into lay now but bad weather can put them off . I do have fair weather hens ha ha.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal