Author Topic: They called me the fleabag!!  (Read 6124 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Re: They called me the fleabag!!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 00:57:02 »
oh no, double trouble!! she is a beauty, reminds me of my moppet, he is 15 in may bless him!!

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 06:54:27 »
Oh, how cute - good thing you can't pop them in the post - otherwise I'd say "send her over here!"   :)

Rob the rake

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 08:44:58 »
Looks like you found a new friend, Jeannine, it's hard to resist a kitten's allure, isn't it? When we kept cats (or should I say, when they chose us) I really don't know how we managed to stop at three, there are so many that deserve a home.

Our Westie dogs are both rescue dogs, of a sort.

Toby was from a broken home :-[. His owners were divorcing, they both worked and were unable to continue looking after him, so he was offered free to good home in the local paper. His pedigree is truly astonishing, with three Crufts best of breed winners in his bloodline.

Tillie had been less fortunate. Bought by an addict  to breed for drug money, she had hardly seen the outside world, save a visit to the stud dog, and was taken off him by my sister in law.
She was pregnant at the time and since sister in law is not slow on the uptake we were offered her at £200, and were to take her when she had weaned the pups.
When the pups arrived they were BLACK! Turns out that in a rare moment of freedom she had a liaison with the pedigree Pomeranian from next door. Thinking that there was now no potential earnings from the pups, they were destined for a watery grave, so I made a mad dash up the A19 and brought mother and puppies home.
Tillie was filthy, skinny and smelt like a tramp. She didn't look like a Westie at all, and it took two washes to get her clean. She was a brilliant mother though, and eventually, three fabulous puppies were found three fabulous new homes.

Tillie (left) and Toby, waiting for leftovers. Toby is SO under the thumb.

Chicken, the Westie/Pomeranian cross at ten weeks old. Cute, eh?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:53:48 by Rob the rake »

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 09:15:53 »
awwww so cute. :D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 17:07:21 »
Well done to you, bless your heart, they all so happy and contented now,some folks are real........!!!!!..... when it comes to animals.

XX Jeannine

I tried and couldn't write the word.. suffice to say Mum didn't wear a ring.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 17:24:59 »
 :)bless you Rob x
grow your own way

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 22:37:29 »
You are the kind of people who make me proud to be part of the human race...........unlike the unforgiveable  ***** who had those 2 lovely westies before you.

;) Fair play guys, they are a real credit to you.......

I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Rob the rake

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 08:14:31 »
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone. The dogs are the real reward though, they're scampering around behind me right now, any minute and I'll get a paw on the leg to remind me about morning walkies. :D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 00:28:05 »
Hello,
I am new to the forum,could not resist sending you pics of our rescue border collie jill and west highland terrier Belle.Sadly the elderly owner of jill could no longer care for her.Belle is a really cheeky scamp.
Jill loves visting the allotment and digs lots of "useful"holes for me!

Rob the rake

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 08:15:28 »
Toby wants Belle's number, says she's a sweetie.  ;)  Jill seems to have her paws well under the table, nice to see that she's so settled. Good on you. ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 09:00:27 »
hiya, betula..nice to meet you, your friends look very comfortable  :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 12:25:19 »

Welcome Betula,as a collie owner myself I just know you either all sit on the floor or she sits on someone! ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 22:19:16 »
Just an update , Fleabags( Molly) brother arrived yesterday, I was told when I went to get him a few weeks ago they were keeping him, yesterday I did a school home visit to find he was living rough outside. He has just been through the bath treatment. He has a beautiful smoke cat that looks black till you blow on it, with white patches. He is a real lovey too, not like his sister who is a brat.

Of course they are both staying.

New baby boy is called Rupert

XX Jeannine

I will post pictures
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 00:01:38 »
Lucky, lucky cat  ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal