Author Topic: SPAM email via A4A  (Read 5344 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
SPAM email via A4A
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:12:12 »
thought I was missing out on all this SPAM. My first one - via A4A!

Letter Of Relationship .
FROM NNA ROBERTS
12 BP 1046 ABIDJAN.
COTE D'IVORIE.
Dearest one,

Permit me to inform you of my dee to go into business relationship with you , l got your name and contact through the internet here in Abidjan and I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to the nature of my proposal,which requires a reputable and trustworthy person. Someone who will be kind and sincere to me. I am a memeber of www.allotments4all.co.uk

l am Mr Nna Roberts, the only son of late Mr and Mrs Nelson Roberts.My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan here, the economic capital of Ivory Coast, he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business meeting. My mother died on the 20th october 1988 and my father took me so special because l am motherless.

Before the death of my father on 29th november 2005 in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me on his bedside,when I sat down to listen to him, he started crying, why? (1) He complained that I am too young to be managing my life with no one to take care of me,(2)That I have not finished my university education as he planned for me, he revealed to me that he has a sum of US$4.500.000.(FOUR MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) left in a security company here in Abidjan, that he used my name as the only Son for his next of kin in deposit of the funds.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisioned by his business associates , that l should seek for a GOD fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where l will transfer this money and use it for proper investment purpose ,that I must finish my university education by the help of a business partner abroad,that he or she should help me obtain a resident permit in his or her country.

He also gave a standing instrution to the company that the deposit must be
transferred outside this country. According to my father,the money was deposited as art works to avoid attracting attention to the deposit.

I am now ready to do all these since my father my bread winner is no more.  l am honourable seeking your assistance in the following ways.

(1) To serve as my guardian in your country while I will depend on your expert advise since l am a boy of 19 years.

(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country in order to further my university education and to secure a residential permit for me in your country.

Moreover, l am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in the transfer of this deposit to your country. Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as l believed that this project would be concluded within seven days you signify interest to assist me by contacting the security company.

Hoping to hearing from you soon. May God bless you as you extend your helping hand to the needy.

Best wishes
NNA Roberts.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: SPAM email via A4A
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:22 »
wow, are you going for it, rt..we've had lots of these, loads of people praying for us...or rather..for our money , congratulations  ;D ;D ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25:37 »
I feel left out, I haven't had that one!
 ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 09:39:38 »
if it was a 19 year old girl wanting me as a guardian with me expert "advise", i'd probably risk it.....what have I got to lose??

though I removed my email from the profile ages ago

Toadflax

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:44:42 »
Hello.  I received one too!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:49:47 »
thought I was missing out on all this SPAM. My first one - via A4A!
Best wishes
NNA Roberts.

Sorry to hear you are now a target for junk mail RT.   I doubt if profiles are able to be seen by non-registered peeps so if this person has registered I wonder if Dan has a way of finding out who it is and remove them from the site.

I have my email on A4A hidden.    ;)   For those who haven't and want to do so, go into "Profile", then "Account Related Settings" and tick the box "Hide email address from public". 

RT, your email is still showing on your Profile.  Toadflax, yours is there too.  Saddad has his hidden same as myself.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:54:13 by Paulines7 »

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 09:57:24 »
 i'm now looking forward to getting some of the silly ones - like the poor Nigerian astronaut that's stranded in his space station when the money ran out.  ;D Actually with that one the joke's on us- Nigeria really does have a space program

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 10:06:52 »
Looking at the list of "Users Logged in Today", I noticed that someone called Nnanna registered at 0454 hrs and was on for about ½ hour.  Most of the other names I recognised. 

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 11:00:49 »
I Have Got One

Yes, your email address is open to all.  Please see my earlier post on how to hide your email address. 

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 11:23:35 »
Looking at the list of "Users Logged in Today", I noticed that someone called Nnanna registered at 0454 hrs and was on for about ½ hour.  Most of the other names I recognised. 

My money is on this person! Let's just hope people aren't daft enough to follow up on them. Don't even reply. Better yet, install Gmail...great spam catcher.
Ken.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 13:13:12 »
http://www.419eater.com/

go on i dare someone...
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 13:24:36 »
I got one, and thanks Paulines7, have followed your instructions and hidden email address.

valmarg

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 13:42:10 »
Reminds me of the mistake by Jeremy  Clarkson.  Not quite the same but a warning to keep certain info. from the internet.   

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 13:44:37 »
This would be so funny if there were not dopes out there daft enough to have a go.

Mmm  Sean Connery stranded on a desert island  with  his laptop and a yearning for just  one thing .........me !!

Mmm. I might be gone awhile, gotta put my e mail back on.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 13:51:12 »
Maybe it's time for an A4A spring-clean. There's hundreds of members in the listing who have never ever posted. Like many other sites, A4A is open to visitors and some of them trawl sites looking for ady's.
 There is, so far as I see it here, a 'fail-safe' in that you can remove your Eaddress from the public forum but add your Email to your profile which is only open to registered members. Registering on here requires an Email address and that's one way of tracking offenders.
 Best bet is probably to hide/remove your Eaddress on any site you register with. Here on A4A there is the facility to contact other members via PM's, so if you need someones Eaddress you would need to request it in that way.
 The best advice is to delete any dodgy Email you get. The subject box should give you an idea of content. If it doesn't...bin it!

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 14:21:54 »
With nearly six thousand members, I wonder how many aren't active.
OH is a member here but has not posted.

I've moved my pin thing in google map thing for location to somewhere in the Atlantic.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 15:08:47 »
When the membership was about half of this I did compile some statistics about posting, single time posters, regulars etc. but to do it for 6.000 would take far too lomg amd be very boring. I think only about 10 percent of registered users actually post, if my memory serves me right.
Gardening is the great leveller.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 15:13:40 »
I came to same conclusion a couple of months back, Eric. In the members section, clicking on 'Posts per person' shows a heck of a lot of registration without posts. Some go way back. Do they visit just for a look now and then? No tally of people just visiting.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 15:21:49 »
With nearly six thousand members, I wonder how many aren't active.
OH is a member here but has not posted.

I've moved my pin thing in google map thing for location to somewhere in the Atlantic.

Mine is on my allotment rather than where i live :)

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 15:30:50 »
Maybe it's time for an A4A spring-clean. There's hundreds of members in the listing who have never ever posted.

I wouldn't do that Ken, I run Nik Kershaw's official forum and at a guess 40% of our members have never posted and never will but around half of those visit once a week and the other half only visit when I do a mass mail letting them know Nik is doing something or other, at a guess most of the non posting members on here use the forum just for the info they can find.

One thing I do have from running my forum over the years is a huge list of email adds these spammers use which has cut our spam by over 90% if the Admin here wants to add them to the forums ban filters he's welcome to them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal