Author Topic: DING DONG  (Read 1301 times)

ACE

• Hectare
DING DONG
« on: January 10, 2008, 16:32:33 »
OH fell down the stairs at work today and broke her ankle. Now she has the chance to get her own back as she now has the bell.

So I have warned her if it rings more than once every two hours I shall start cleaning the chandeliers with the dyson, so they will be pretty threadbare by the time she gets better.

The ambulance driver and his mate had their work cut out getting her down the other two flights of stairs and into the wagon, cause I would not describe her as dainty.

debjay

• Half Acre
Re: DING DONG
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 17:03:20 »
Hi
Best wishes to your OH and hope she has a speedy recovery. :)
Leave the chandelier alone or she might find other uses for her crutches(OUCH) ;D ;D ;D
Debs

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:18:23 »
Oh your so mean, you do make me laugh  :D  :D  :D

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:26:26 »
Oh dear, Ace - you will have to get your pinny on and start doing all that domestic stuff!
 Hope it wasn't too bad a break  though, and heals quickly.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 13:25:04 »
Not been a very good time for you and OH lately. Best wishes to OH, hope she rings that bell often and keeps you running!! That will teach you. I think you should set OH up on computer so that she can give her side of all these stories you keep telling us!!

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 14:51:45 »
I think you should set OH up on computer so that she can give her side of all these stories you keep telling us!!

Don't do it Ace - one sided stories are always the best. ;D

In the meantime best wishes for a Happy Birthday

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 16:17:04 »
I'm cross-threading too.....cross-threading NOT cross dressing OK? and no! don't want a lend of anyone's  razor ta muchly....

ha-ha ACE 8)....For Whom the Bell Tolls an orl that.....yep! it might, just MIGHT be for you....too damned sure that it will be, so jump smart to the double matey or it'll be cold shoulder & hot tongue from now on....

L-S-A-M (and only the kindest suggestions of what this might stand for, please?)......wish you a v. swift recovery.....

OH! And a Happy Birthday ACE......may this one pass in a blur of doing things for your missus........you wouldn't want it any other way, would you? ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 16:59:41 »
 dear ace having broken my ankle last year may I send your OH a speedy recovery :) if you are anywhere as hopeless at being a nurse/helper as my OH was she has my heartfelt sympathy :'(
oh by the way happy birthday
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 17:00:56 »
Been run off my feet all day, hoovered  the dog, brushed the carpet, cleaned the cooker, (christ nows how she let it that state) Now I have just got back from Lidls with packet of german sausage, which I know will cheer her up as she loves the foreign muck. I also picked up a neat little gadget there that shaves the bobbles from wooly jumpers. I shall let her have a play with it and she can practice on my cashmere codpiece.

I'm now going to plug the ipod in my ears and have a rest, before we start the celebrations tonight.

That's better it has stopped the ringing in my ears.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 13:29:08 »
We are on a roll now! A very kind person has lent us a wheelchair and I pushed her home from the pub last night, and sat on her lap as we went downhill. A real white knuckle ride. Got stopped by the police and was warned about how dangerous it was, but we got home and I tipped her on to the sofa where she slept it off.

Now she is a bit mobile I'll have to cut the legs down on the ironing board so  she can reach and keep herself active. I would not like her to get out of practice.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 00:12:56 »
lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!

You crack me up.......ne'er a dull moment in your pad then. Glad your OH is feeling better, wishing her well for a speedy recovery of that busted ankle and wrist strain from ringing that bell....that dont seem to work too good ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal