Author Topic: Jeannine's 2008 Pass the Parcel Progress Page  (Read 44347 times)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
Re: Jeannine's 2008 Pass the Parcel Progress Page
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2008, 21:21:53 »
Oh sincere apologies, I must learn to better respect the aged,no need for the fall out shelter ..I am being sweet. no crazy glue. I might even Velrco it especially for you.

Love from

GREAT Grandma x4  Jeannine XX

Great Grandma x4 ...... enough already, I am Soooooo jealous  ;D ;D

we have only one, a cracker (starring on my postings) our Adult children seem to be reading the wrong books, I want some more before I am too decrepit to enjoy  (Grandchildren that is  ;))

Velcro ......  what a super idea

Nite Nite everyone

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 16:20:37 »
Hi Mikey, I see you are online, has the parcel got there yet please XX Jeannine

Hi there Tomato Guru of the North

Sorry, no parcel yesterday, maybe Monday  :(

No sign of Beans either

will let you know when Postie makes it

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 16:33:26 »
Dong!! name mistake, I have fixed it, but your bean parcel is still on the way.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 15:09:37 »
Dong!! name mistake, I have fixed it, but your bean parcel is still on the way.XX Jeannine

Jean 9,

Beans arrived this a.m. wonderful .... I love you ....
can we run away together ;)  (or at least walk quickly  ;D)

No sign of PTP but guess it was not heading for me just yet anyway ?

TTFN

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 15:54:30 »
The parcel is still adrift Mikey, not sure what we can do but wait, glad you liked yoour  bean parcel.

Run away...I'll polish the zimmer frame!!

However, after all the spinal injections I  finally got under Xray this morning I might be able to take up jogging, fingers crossed eh.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 15:59:32 »
Tomslottie, I have pmd the addy to you, I think it is right although I did make a mistake on a house number this week, but that was when I wrote if down off thr PM ages ago, with the parcel I had kept all the addresses in my box and made the list up from it, so I know I didn't right it down wrong.

I am getting very concerned now , I have never had anything go missing before and I have sent out and received tons of stuff this last two weeks,but it has been a full week now and it was first class. Could you check at your local pick up place and see if it is there and they forgot to leave you a card.

Any ideas folks

XX Jeannine

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 16:10:17 »
J 9 and Co.

keep fingers crossed...... but don't worry just yet.

Today I received a 'padded bag', posted in Somerset on Saturday.  this is good !!

Last week had a 1st class letter which took 8 days from Boston (Lincs) to North Willingham (Lincs) all of 50 miles.

Like Jeannine, (tempting the Gods here  ;) but have never 'lost' a parcel, the odd letter maybe, but sometimes folks have not posted stuff when they claim they have.

Hopefully it will turn up, even if there is a mistake in the address, the Post Office Staff are not daft (I am serious, I think they provide a fantastic service, especially in Rural areas) they can deliver mail with very minimal addressing. Also I believe Jeannine said she had put her own address on the packet as a 'return to sender' address

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 17:55:54 »
I am debating wether to put together another one and send it off,then if the first one turns up I will ask Tom to send to back to me as is and I can put those back in my stash.

Tom said in a PM he has been to the post office and they can't do anything for two weeks  but I think we we need to get this going sooner.

My addy is on the parcel , as you know if you have had swap that stated with me before I ask that you leave my addy showing so it has a home to come to.

I once did buy something off e bay that got lost, it was several years ago, the PO compensated the sender but it took 5 months.

I will start working on another one and if it hasn't shown up by Saturday I will post the second one off,with proof of posting this time. John always does with a parcel but he said he never bothers with a smaller package. We learn some things the hard way!!

I will keep you all informed.

XX Jeannine

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 00:11:17 »
My first one got wet in the hands of the PO and the lable came off !! good job my details where on the back as they sent it back to me  :-\

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 16:05:59 »
Oh Oh...Dawn send me the puppy instead please....adorable  :-*  :-*
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 17:27:43 »
Hands off !! She is one from the last litter of labs i had and is now 1 year old and a cheeky little mare    ;D  Her name is China Doll or scutchy bum   ;D I had 3 generations of my own breeding but lost the gran mother last year  :'( China will have pups once she is 2 years old and has been hip and eye scored  :D And yep i will keep one   ;D ;D

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 13:14:14 »
Any news on the parcel yet?

barkingdog

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 14:28:56 »
Must be very bad wetter onthe pond,or it has a strong headwind.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2008, 16:22:41 »
No, well maybe cos tomslottie has sent a message that there is something at the PO for him and asked me to hold off as it might be the parcel so fingers crossed we will be back on track after tomorrow

XX Jeannine

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2008, 20:31:54 »
Fingers and everything else crossed  :o

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 12:42:38 »
Any news on the parcel !! I will have to try to get another one together if it hasn't turned up today. XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 19:06:35 »
I think I will have to start on the second parcel as I fear the first one is lost.

I am  a bit concerned that everyones address was in it so I think I will not put list in the second one and copy what someone else is doing with their parcel and post it  out without a list, when it arrives PM me and I will give you the address for the next person .I will post the second one on Monday  and confirm on this post that it has gone out.

I think we need as quick a turnaround as we can as we are running later than we anticipated.

If anyone has any away dates could you please let me know so I can work around them.

I thin k there will beloads in this one too, what I won't have that went out in the first one will be made up by seeds I have bought since I think, with the exception of perhaps tomatoes and squash but I think you will still be happy with it.

I will put Okra seeds in for those folks who are hoping to join the Okra challenge.

I am going to add some flower seeds that are outdated but I am told they will be OK so feel free to take them as I have many more then I can use.

Good luck , and have fun.

XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 20:46:14 »
THE PARCEL IS READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All dressed and ready to leave

I hope there is "somesuch" place , with a receiver who could be  a paler shade of red!!

Have fun, John said he can post it in ASDA on a Sunday, I will confirm

XX Jeannine

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 20:53:37 »
My, my, what a star you truly are Jeannine. You are too generous by half.
Many thanks for keeping it going from me. (and many others no doubt :D
)
Maggie Xx
Smile, it confuses people.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 22:06:08 »
Jeannine you are being very generous - I know how much time and effort, let alone expense goes into starting a parcel - so thankyou.   :)  Hopefully the other one will eventually turn up.  :-\

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal