Author Topic: SNOW!  (Read 3658 times)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
Re: SNOW!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 19:02:07 »
flurries in west & south yorkshire today .. boiler working, but roof still not repaired from the rain in the summer - hard to tell whether it is warmer in or out  ::)

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 19:19:53 »
 :) our snow was rubbish it had melted by 10am ::)

In my youth we used to go midnight  sledging on the South Common by the light of the snow.... we don't seem to get snow like that anymore.....and I want to be a kid again :P
grow your own way

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 20:32:27 »
Just think yourselves lucky you don't have Snow, the roads are treacherous out there so stuck indoors.  More forecast tomorrow so guess shopping can wait or Saturday.  My Heating is working though thankfully. 

:D :D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 20:35:17 »
flurries in west & south yorkshire today .. boiler working, but roof still not repaired from the rain in the summer - hard to tell whether it is warmer in or out  ::)

Sorry to here that stay warm :)

Still no snow here and the temp is above freezing :( not even gritted the road...

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 20:41:25 »
Nothing down here in sunny Hampshire, tho it was forecast.  It's freeeeeeezing, though. Brrrrrrrrr  :( :( :( :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 20:57:10 »
Would anyone like a light shower of rain from central London, which we obviously got in lieu of the promised snow.

I'd planned not to do any outdoor work today as well, because of the forecast. GRRR!    >:(
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Shelle

• Not So New ...
  • Cramlington, Northumberland
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 21:23:46 »
Theres plenty here in Cramlington, in fact driving home tonight there were a few places where it has flooded quite badly and thawed, so can guess what it will be like tomorrow frozen over  :(

Dad works in Morpeth, and had hardly any snow(despite the fact the A1 was closed from the Seaton Burn junction to Morpeth strangely enough), and yet I work in Shiremoor (or New York to be precise!) and like Cramlington it has been blizzard after blizzard.  Weird!

Actually, we also had an interesting weather event too. Anyone ever experienced a thunderstorm whilst in a snow blizzard??? Happened this morning at 10.45am. Everyone looked at each other with the first flash thinking what the heck!!!

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 22:58:08 »
which part of dorset did you get two flakes in flower?
Kinson area at about 2pm, it was quite an event so wrote it on the calander  ;D   ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal