Author Topic: Seedaholics Anonymous  (Read 11077 times)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Re: Seedaholics Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 17:53:26 »
From what I've seen here so far it would appear that you have to have three or more storage boxes before becoming an addict and nobody has said that you have to be able to close the lids. That's silly.

Anyway, for my defence I would like to point out that I do fully intend to sow all of mine over the coming year. They are not part of a collection.

I have seeds. I have no problem.

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 17:59:48 »
Only got two storage boxes, phew im safe !!!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 18:12:15 »
HI

My name is Cam, and i am a seedaholic!!

I have a wicker hamper and hidden inside are 274 different types of seed and i have another 108 packets in another box hidden on top of the bookshelf.

But its not my fault people keep putting temptation in my way by telling me of great seed companies!!

Cambourne7

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 18:25:00 »
Only got two storage boxes, phew im safe !!!!
Thats how it starts, then the lid wont close so you get another box the make life easier to find what you are looking for and when you turn round you have 5 big boxes and an un controllable bent to look at any seeds you see for sale  ;D

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 19:01:51 »
I'm Tin Shed and go along with the idea that a girl can never have enough seeds..... or diamonds......or champagne......or chocolates..........and will never, ever admit to having too many of the above items!!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 19:06:51 »
I also intend growing all mine too xx Jeannine   ..coughs a little
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 19:09:27 »
But, of course........!

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 20:56:45 »
Now why did Inot think about it - a big plastic container to put all my seeds - that way I can amalgamate the three cookie tins, the 1 A-Z that has bust a gut and is held together with numerous elstic bands..  I had to try and find some Trail of Tears and Borlotti bean seeds that I promised my allotment neighbour (and just ordered from real seeds - and I just could not find it - the last time I had them was when I was taking seeds out to put into the Winter swap - I am hoping it is in another tin at the allotment or else I put in into the Winter Swap (arranged by Natasha) that was going around in error!!

My name is Jitterbug and I think that I am a seed a holic....... ;D

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 21:34:33 »
I am NOOOOT a seedaholic,i have only 500 different varieties tomatoes.But at the other hand that are only my toms,i dont want to speak about all that veggieseed in the shed.I do not have a lot of swaps going on,at the moment only15.But i am not seedAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 21:37:29 »
ruud me is thinking you are in denial

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 21:46:07 »
Having just spent the evening sorting out my seeds (again!). They fit snuggly in 6 plastic "liquitab" boxes....athough I have given up tring to put the lids on. I think this qualifies me as a bonafide seedaholic.

However, I have only ordered 1 packet of seeds on eBay (this week). Therefore I may be "in recovery".

But with the current daily deluge of seed catalogues landing on the doormat....I feel I may fall off the wagon soon.

But i do think that seed-swapping is a guilt-free way round the addiction problem.....technically you are not gaining seeds....just exchanging.  ;)

powerspade

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 21:56:58 »
I have only 4 boxes of seeds. I too cannot resist the temptation for expanding my seed collection

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 22:59:44 »
Debbie i am denialing i am denial.I dont have a problem,i am compleet normal,you are the problem,not me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RosieMcPosie

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 23:11:32 »
My name is Rosie, and i am a seedaholic.

my problem isn't as bad as many on here, i have only 28 pepper varieties, 32 toms, approx 35 squash varieties and the same in strawberries.

do i need help, think many of you wil agree i am ok. :)
proud owner of a lottie since August 2007!

sean

• Not So New ...
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 00:39:17 »
well after reading this thread i feel quite normal lol , yup i have 3 large what use to be sweet tubs full and now on to the 4th lol , well if the garden center did not have a sale at the end of the year i would be safe lol i think .and for bags look on ebay got my builders bag there but i call mine a carpenters bag .
but i do have a question if seed is foil sealed i was told it will keep alot longer is it true .
and has anyone grown giant onion seed from www.victoriananursery.co.uk before
cheers
sean and a merry new year

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 00:44:57 »
My name is Tricia - and Gordon thinks I am a seedaholic. He's wrong though. I only have two large shoe boxes (without lids), where I won't be able to squeeze in the 7 seed packets I have just ordered from Moreveg. This means I'll have to go buy another pair of shoes to start off box number three. It looks like I may soon have to think about joining Seedaholics Anonymous  :o.

Tricia

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 10:51:43 »
Oooooooooooo'eck i had a bad day yesterday and slipped into a trance which led to me ordering 100 packs of heirtage seeds   :P help im slipping >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 10:57:48 »
Oh Shona, that is bad, you need some help and support love, I am there for you, I will share your load,post half to me and your guilt wil be eased, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Garjan

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 11:31:54 »
Had an intervention yesterday.
My OH confronted me with
- my VISA-tab that states I ordered seeds from T&M (not much, just twelve packets),
- a confirmation from Vreeken.nl where I ordered six varieties of potatoes, oca and dahlias,
- the plastic bag with 24 seed packets I brought from Thailand (where else to buy sweet thai basil if not in Thailand?!),
- the saucers with seeds from every vegetable or fruit that passes our kitchen and that I collect in the windowsill,
- the dried flower heads I nicked from the collective compost heap at the site,
- the filing cabinet (a small one) that won't close anymore,
- the shoe box (admitted: one for knee high boots) filled with beans, peas and other large seeds, and
- the markings in all our Lonely Planet books of flower markets, botanical gardens and other places where you might find seeds.

My name is Garjan. I'm a seedaholic.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 11:33:09 »
Hide them in the freezer, they never look there XX

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal