Author Topic: IT'S MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME?  (Read 10802 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: IT'S MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME?
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 12:38:41 »
This is far too technical for me. I have my theories about global warming too though. Have you thought about these JRP?

Due to Strictly Come Dancing, I am told that there is a huge response by folks now taking dancing lessons all over the world, consequently there are millions of people sweating and puffing, this is raising the temp. Works in a dance hall, why not overall.

Due to number of cattle and other livestock  world wide who are eating more and more refined food instead of grazing, they are consequently doing a tremendous number of bum burps,works in a lift why not  overall.

Of course a tilt as JRP says would make the above two theories even more, I don't fancy standing near a cow if it f**** while standing on it's head(that is the cow, not me)

Does anyone have any more ideas more along these lines.

Trixie are you out there?

XX Jeannine

Merry Christmas to you all
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 12:53:48 »
Isn't JRP from Mottingham? That is where my late husband lived until we married and Eltham is where I was brought up until the age of 18 (then wed) now I know why we moved to another area as soon as we were married :o.
Where ever you are  Best wishes to one and all.
Gotta sign off message from next door to go round, blimey I hope there are not more veg to prepare, thought I had prepared enough for all the people on our estate earlier!!!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 13:17:26 »
i'd love to contribute to thus mass debate but unfortunately the caps key on my keyboard is stuck

the solution to global warming is simple - everyone in america leave their fridge doors open, and yes the americans do have a policy on global warming - drop bombs on hot countries

seriously it's all very ocmplicated and yes maybe changes in the sun contribute, but the truth is we don't know because we've only been really measuring the sun's activity properly for the last 30 years or so, since we had satellites. Something is happening and we've got to do something and man made greenhouse gases are the best explanation. It's not like CFC's and the ozone layer where the scientific explanation is so near perfect it near makes you want to weep

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2007, 13:24:46 »
OllieC I gave JRP direction to his local department of clinical psychology in the 'I can can, you thread' I don't think he took the advice & he later stated that we have a lot in common which is one of the biggest insults I have received in a long time.

Lorna I believe Leas Dale is an Eltham address although it is close to Mottingham.

Jeannine re: the farting cows. How about instead of sending all children to the arctic regions we train some of them to stand behind cows & collect the methane in plastic bottles, we can then ask OllieC to fly them into space when he finishes watering his spaceship where they can be dumped into the sun which is due to burn itself out in a few billion years the combination of methane & plastic should keep it going for at least another few minutes.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 13:36:15 by Baccy Man »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2007, 13:35:13 »
Great idea, I can think of several kids from my school I would like to nominate, come to think of it, there are few parents that could join in too XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2007, 14:17:25 »
actually methane in the atmos seems to have stabilised over the last few years. It's probably being destroyed by ozone. Termites are a big one for methane. Solution to the cow problem - we all eat kangaroo instead- they don't produce f*arty greenhouse gases. Nicer than beef anyway

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 00:57:00 »
millions of people sweating and puffing
Good lord !! all that sweating and puffing i do down the gym must be causing havoc to the enviroment, think i better stop   ;D   ;D

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 10:23:28 »
LOL...............LANDLORD!....MORE BEER!..................this is better than the two ronnies!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 11:17:54 »
sweating and puffing.................

I suppose sex is out too

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 15:26:44 »
NO SEX  :o :o :o :o  MM pass the beer, quick.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 16:24:21 »
So Cornykev what ya saying  is :o that brewers droop is good for global warming. :'( ;D ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 16:31:38 »
No Sex Tonight - I'm reducing your carbon footprint!!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 18:01:36 »
So Cornykev what ya saying  is :o that brewers droop is good for global warming. :'( ;D ;D
Some people will blame it on anything.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 18:14:35 »
Baccy Man, here's one for you to answer, if you can, as I've just asker other world experts the same question, and that is, if we keep on building higher, as in skyscrapers for example, to house more people in places which were once flat, as in low compared to the mountains we already have, would it slow down the rotation of each section of the north or the south poles, enough to cause climat change, to add to all the other problems we already have?

YES, I do know the world is round as in circle, but when other planets pass us they pull on the earths surface, making it change shape, which makes it spin slower and unevenly?

I do believe with more and more skyscrapers being built over the years in different parts of the world,  is having an effect on our climate, as in slowing down some times and then speeding up, because of air pressures, as in wind turbine rotation and drag factors? I thought I would share this thought with you, seeing as you seem to know so much, compared to me, to put me down.
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 18:21:30 »
WOW

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 18:22:28 »
 ::)

Tell me it's a windup. Good point though, the air resistance must be slowing down the earth's rotation after all these years. Explain that one, baccy smarty-pants! And I had noticed feeling lighter every time mars intercepts uranus.

Just noticed - has Baccy man put JRP down? Barman!!! trebles all round!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 18:25:32 by OllieC »

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 18:41:49 »
Of course it's not a windup. JRP is a longstanding item of humour throughout the Internet, but he does tend to get things ever so slightly wrong. You see, the world, assuming it to be a spinning globe is spinning in a vacuum and as such there is no drag therefore no braking effect. Making tall buildings does not even change the overall weight of the planit and the tallest of the tall buildings are still small in relation even to this countries laughable sized mountains.

The reality though, is that the world is flat and is not spinning at all.

Even if the planit were to be round and the spinning slowed down by some et friction, this would not affect the climate but simply make the days and nights longer. So JRP, please go back to bed.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 19:46:29 »
considering people are celebrating so called christmas at completely the wrong time of year then I guess anything goes - always so interesting that generally what people write says so much about themselves rather than the original topic  ;D

newbies

• Half Acre
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 21:53:45 »
I THINK HE'S NUTS.
CALENDULA, ARE YOU ALLOWED TO COMMENT WITH NO CAPS?
JUST ASKING ;D

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 22:31:19 »
Code: [Select]
I THINK HE'S NUTS.
I plead guilty in return for lighter sentance.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal