Author Topic: a very big thank you  (Read 1407 times)

debster

• Hectare
a very big thank you
« on: December 23, 2007, 14:34:32 »
to everyone who has given advice, swapped seeds etc etc over the last year, your help has been invaluable and i truly value your friendship all of you so thanks very much and long may it continue
merry christmas and a prosperous new year

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: a very big thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 17:56:57 »
same here, debster, can't wait to try the peanuts you sent   ;D

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 18:00:18 »
mine are indoors on the windowsill still growing well  ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:55:42 »
I agree debster, all the very best to all the A4A posters, looking forward to sharing with you my first full season next year.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 21:52:51 »
Yes and a big thank you from me too  - it has been great sharing all the great words of wisdom, and have found you all so friendly and helpful

many thank and wish you all the very best for 2008 what ever the weather throws at us

BB  ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 22:31:18 »
And a big "Thank you" from me too - I'm considered very computer/web-wise (build my own, web design etc) but I've taken a long time to get onto a forum.  (I only discovered you-tube a year ago!!).  I lurked around a few sites before joining this one, it seemed to be (and proved right) the friendliest and most helpful of all.

There is always an answer to something somewhere on the site, and - what a great crowd of people  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
The Tuscan Beaneater

stig

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 22:37:13 »
peanuts?? is our climate suited to growing them?
im stig (thats short for stig in the mud)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 22:42:38 »
Agree with all that has been said. Having had nearly 3 years as an A4A member I think it is one of the friendliest sites. Lots of laughs/interesting posts, loads of advice and had the pleasure of meeting a few members who I am delighted to say have become true friends.
May we all continue the good vibes in 2008.
Lorna,

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 23:04:11 »
From the first moment I googled and found this site then joined I have always felt welcomed.
I don't remember *lurking* for more than a day or two before I asked a question or commented on something.
I get so engrossed with reading the *Today's Posts* I lose all sense of time  ::) sometimes.

My fave thing is looking at all the *Before* and *After* garden or allotment pics. It really does spur you on through the yards of weeds etc.

I know I will have tons of questions once the growing season starts and I cannot wait to get going, for real in 2008.
Thanks to everyone who read or contributed to anything I have asked about.
 :-*  :-*  :-*
Happy weeding, digging, growing and harvesting in 2008  ;D
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 23:57:54 »
can i also add my thanks to all :)

I have learnt a lot and not just about allotmenting, i have made some good friends and i have shared a heartbreak or two. This is special place with special people. And thanks to dan for the site :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 01:14:33 »
I'll second that!
 ;D

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:43:07 »
Lovely people, great advice and the odd nutter makes for a great place to spend time each day  :D

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 08:19:55 »
I browse a few websites regularly (gardening, cooking, music) but this is the one I decided to join the forum for, and is the one that is almost permanently open on my computer screen, as it covers more than just  gardening questions!   

Having lived abroad now for 18 years, A4A has given me the much needed contact with the UK and the great British people that I miss. 

Thanks to one and all.  :D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:14 »
I think it is amazing the depth and diversity of helpful knowledge freely given on this site; I purchased a camera for my daughter after reading the recent recommendations for a camera suitable for a youngster, my father, (who used to be a professional photographer and is totally into the technical side) was most impressed with my choice and was intrigued to learn where I had my advice from!!

The only thing is I am horrified by the reminder showing me the total length of time I have spent over the last few years on A4A :o.... :-[ time well spent in my opinion!! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal