Author Topic: mindless and heartless  (Read 2939 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
mindless and heartless
« on: December 19, 2007, 17:09:38 »
i went down my allotment today and was approached by two old guys who came from the allotments just up the road from me and they asked had any damage been done on the allotments because some had gone on on there allotment.
an old guy of 85 who had only recently lost his wife had his greenhouse smashed and his allotment trashed and was in bits and a bit further down from him this other old guy of 68 had his chickens killed . i just cant believe the mentality of some people. how cruel can people be......... i went round as did others and helped them clear up the mess but i was in tears when i saw the old guy just standing there shaking his head and crying. it wasn't the first time this had happened to him and he was talking about packing up and giving up his allotment my heart goes out to him. i hope he doesn't because why should he give up something that he enjoys because of mindless brain dead kids because I'm sure that is who has done this and if only they could see the hurt they have caused sorry for the ranting but it makes my blood boil 
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

sarah

• Hectare
Re: mindless and heartless
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 17:23:53 »
rant away tohellwithweeds i thinkwe can all understand your frustration. it is exsasperating.  it really is very demoralising for those old guys and i could rant on for ages about it myself - how these people have fought wars for us and all that. but kids just dont care and its a sad sad thing. i dont know what the answer is. education? better parenting? short sharp shock? i dunno.  i really feel for those old guys.  :(

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 18:08:50 »
Scum thats what they are, all the things these old guys have probaly gone through in their lives and to hear you say your see the guy in tears, makes me f***ing angry.  >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 18:18:13 »
is your plot ok??

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 19:02:02 »
I know it is not a popular idea but seriously, bring back corporal punishment in schools and allow parents to discipline their children (within obvious boundaries of course) and it might be possible to claw back decency within a generation or two.

It is disgraceful that louts are allowed free reign and get away with vandalism and pure cruelty like this.  Too often (here in my part of Dublin at least) the perpetrators are known to Gardai but they are powerless to do anything as the criminal, especially if they are legally minors, are so wrapped up in rights that nothing can be done.

We lost an entire aviary of birds, one tortoise and nearly two donkeys and a miniature pony at work this year due to teenage vandals.  What did the Gardai do?  Nothing.  They knew who the kids were, we had them on camera, but still they could do nothing.  We increased the height of our fences, added razor wire, cameras and a night security person to stop the incursions.

Bloody ridiculous state of affairs if you ask me.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 19:39:39 »
Has this been reported and before you say "what's the point" that is the point.  Find out who your Safer Neighbourhoods Sargeant is and contact them as well.  I'm pretty sure that what you have described is Criminal Damage which is an offence.

We had similar and no-one did anything but then we found our Safer Neighbourhood team, who actively encouraged us to report ANYTHING.  So I did when I found that some idiot had unscrewed the padlock on the shed and made off with my CD player.  Had 3 different phone calls, did I need an officer to come out and investigate (well at that point I thought it was a bit over the top)

The point is tell everyone and the press make a BIG fuss.  They do it because they think they can get away with it.  As adults we might not have many rights left (agree with you Rob08) but don't give in.

I feel so bad for your neighbours - do something positive with this - don't let the little **** get away with it.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 19:51:24 »
I hear you matey. I do believe there is always a place for vigilanties to make up for the lack of bottle of some government laws.

As SMP said - get it in the local paper. Now would also be a good time to approach your council again for a grant for security fencing or other security measures.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 21:27:06 »
This is awful news Weedy  >:(   Many of us at my site had our sheds broken into a week ago but it looks like they've only taken inconsequential things, nowt of value!

From my shed they took 2 heavy duty staplers, a gas camping stove and spare cannisters (not left in the same place so they obviously knew what to look for), a plastic stool which doubled as a storage box and a crowbar. 

They left the generator, petrol, tools, brand new solid fuel stove and loads of other nickable stuff.  We figured this was a 'pre-attack' where they are looking to see what people had because loads of other people had rotavators etc in theirs which also weren't taken, so we think they will be back.

As for the livestock, they only disturbed one shed of chickens on the whole site - probably thought it had stuff in it not loads of beady eyed chooks, but apart from letting them run around the plot they didn't harm them, thankfully.

I reported mine to the police and encouraged the other guys to do the same, but their response was "Nah, what's the point!?  the police won't do anything! they never have before!". 

They didn't listen when I said that the point was that if everyone reported it, the crime figures would escalate which would make it look like a crime hotspot and the police would be forced to at least patrol the area, but they still dismissed it.   Sometimes they are their own worst enemies!  ::)
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 21:32:37 »
tohellwithweeds.... were the chaps off your site or my site?

we are having the same probs,old boys greenhouses smashed and chickens killed...

the police have been down ..again.....Lincolnshire Echo have been down...again,

boultham bowling green ( in the park) near us was ruined a couple of days ago.

ktlawson..how do you get a council grant for security? we are getting nowhere fast and we report everything
grow your own way

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:28 »
angle shades it wasn't my allotment  one down the road and it was reported in the echo but I'm sure it will come to nothing even the police called round to our allotments to see if any thing had happened on our site but apart from some of my fence panels being chucked about (the aren't erected yet) nothing.

it has been reported to the police and been in the local paper but i wont hold my  breath nothing is ever done to the mindless prats just a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again. if it was my kids id wallop them so hard they wouldn't do it again  ::) ::)

its a sad world we live in  :( hang the bloody lot of them that's what id do
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 18:03:42 »
Put the Falkland Islands to good use and make them into a open prison,it's time to stop being soft and stamp out this SCUM. >:(

sean

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 18:10:26 »
you must keep reporting this , we had trouble on our plots some time ago it happend over the course of the year to mine and the next but one plot our frined , his shed broken in to and mine over and over then his shed and polytunnel got torched .
well i kept reporting and we went up a few months back and someone was using our shed as a hotel , we reported it over and over and one time they sent the police forensic out and found a ciggy roll up in the shed got dna turns out the guy was on the run from police and was holding up in the allotments at night , well he is now awaiting trial on a number of things and also for the damage he did to ours and our friends shed .
SO PLEASE REPORT IT , YOU MAY THINK IT IS A WASTE OF TIME BUT THAT ONE TIME YOU DON'T MIGHT LET THE LITTLE B*********DS SLIP THROUGH THE POLICE NET
oh well my rant over and have a great xmas one and all
sherry and sean
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 18:12:56 by sean »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal