Author Topic: Cold enough for you?  (Read 940 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Cold enough for you?
« on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:00 »
Thank goodness there are other things to do at this time of year, as its too chilly to garden at the moment.

However i still have a list as long as your arm that I was hoping to get done by christmas (new year latest):

Build new raised beds, clean and insulate the greenhouse, plant up winter containers, finish planting spring bedding, sort out the compost bins, clear and double dig a border i want to revamp...... it goes on I wont bore you!

First wind and rain, then freezing cold. Cant win.

So much for global warming!

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
Re: Cold enough for you?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:20 »
Seems a little warmer today in Brum.  Just been out for an hour on the bike in an attempt to unstiffen my legs after overdoing the digging the other day and was overheating for a large part of the ride.  Was looking forward to a little frost to break the soil up but now that I've started digging I guess sod's law means it'll rain for the rest of the year.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:32:02 »
I will dig up some Chicory for forcing... although I was sent to IKEA this morning!
 ;D

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:51:27 »
although I was sent to IKEA this morning!
 ;D

Ha Ha, better than being sent to Coventry ;D

:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 13:02:14 »
Garden Apprentice your not the only one, we have had a couple of clear days here but because of other things i am not able to make use of it. I still have the BBQ to put away from summer :( Went out yesterday and there was such a biting wind i came back in. And there forcasting heavy rain for saturday and Sunday so i cant get anything done then.

I am hoping that there might be a day around new years when i can get some of the larger things moved with the help of the hubbie. So i am going to try and get out again tomorrow and get a little bit done rather than try and do 2 much. Maybe thats the key.

saddad, I like lkea, you should pop into the food section and pick up some cheese and crisp breads :) and some glug (mulled wine). Yum!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal