Author Topic: HSL Catalogue  (Read 14553 times)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
Re: HSL Catalogue
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 17:41:55 »
I re-sent my Seed order to HSL by email today.
they replied Quote .......

If you are mailing with regards to your HSL Seed Request could you please read the following important information.
We would like to apologise to anyone having trouble sending their Seed Requests to us. We are experiencing ongoing problems with Seed Requests sent to our PO Box number. The Post Office have returned some Requests to sender and others have been held up at the Post Office. At present we have no way of determining whose request is where. We are working to resolve the problem and hope to recover most of the Requests over the next few days, but it will take time to clear the backlog. If you have not received your seeds, or had your request returned to you, by Friday 25th January please contact us.
....... unquote

HSL have promised my seeds will be delivered within 2 days.

they appear to be in a right Muggers Buddle, through no fault of their own
the Post Office strikes again
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 18:20:56 »
Still not got mine either...
 :(

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2008, 20:11:18 »
I haven't had mine either and got the same reply - apparently their PO box was closed and they didn't know it. The post office are either sending the orders back to people if they have a retunr address or eventually getting through to HSL...but for some strange reason they go through Belfast first!  ???

Anyway I have been told to resend my seed order if i get nothing by Monday. Can't wait that long and Ryton only 7 miles away so driving it down on Saturday - and will pick up groceries at the same time.

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2008, 20:26:36 »
I have not sent mine in yet as it only arrived in the post this week.  They gave an alternative address to send the orders to though so that is helpful.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2008, 21:01:34 »
Anyway I have been told to resend my seed order if i get nothing by Monday. Can't wait that long and Ryton only 7 miles away so driving it down on Saturday - and will pick up groceries at the same time.

How Posh is that ..............  ;)

driving to Ryton to do a bit of Organic grocery buying  ;D

am jealous, takes us 2 hours (at best) one way ... from home to Ryton.

time us get rid of yon 'Oss and buy us a new fangled Motey Carr  ;D

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 21:19:59 »

Why don't you go on Sunday 20th for the Wassail?
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 12:35:11 »
Wassail - doesn't that involve hanging bread in tree's, pouring cider on the gorund (wot a waste) and, I almost cannot bring myself to type it........MORRIS DANCERS  :o :o.

No offence to supporters of and participants of Morris dancing or any other folk related dancing, but the horsey thing scares me as it reminds me of the Wicker Man)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 12:38:16 »
Also for Mikey - if you do get down try their red pepper and chilli sauce for pasta as a base for chilli con carne or veggie chilli - it's fantastic.

I also go a walk round their allotments basically to check that they arenot ahead of me and to reassure myself that my plots are as good, and its only me doing the weeding etc.  ::) Weird I know - my other half says I am an anorak!

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2008, 15:27:15 »
My seeds arrived yesterday - first 6 on list received.  ;D
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 12:03:50 »
Seeds arrived this morning, the six I chose + the freebie packet turned out to be my No. 7 choice

am well pleased

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2008, 12:30:54 »
I'm definitely going to sulk now!
 :'(

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2008, 16:16:17 »
I am still waiting too !

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 15:34:18 »
I have put my order through today and selected the following:

1.  Tomato - Tibet Apple
2.  Tomato - Buffalo Horn
3.  Kale - Marrowfat Greens
4.  Kale - Westphalian
5.  Beetroot - Yellow Intermediate Mangel
6.  Dwarf French Bean - Hutterite Soup

Assuming I get these as my first choice I am happy to share.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 19:48:52 »
was passing Ryton today so called in ,those of us still waiting will be pleased to know that there were 6 large mail bags waiting to be
collected by the GPO, fingers crossed!

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 21:40:35 »
I hope one of them is mine. I took the order in on Saturday and the lady on the tills said she would put it behind the desk for the staff on monday. Have to say it was all I could do to stop myself asking if there wasn't a safer place for it.  :D

By the way m rover, I have a sister living in Markfield and my parents live in groby so we can't be that far away!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 21:54:46 »
Jesus wept! Nearly had a heart attack after just looking at the site prices.  :o :o  The subscription is more than my lottie rent (£25) I just do not see how forking out £36pa just to be able to purchase seeds.   No justification for me... I just do not see any additional benefit.  ::) ::) ::)   Yes I have read about entry into certain events etc that I would probably never attend.  Seed prices in my lottie shop are cheap as chips already.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 10:46:43 »
Suzanne ,OH played for Markfield Rovers as a lad ! It was still a small village then with a quarry.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 18:36:00 »
I remember using the quarry for climbing practice years ago.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 19:14:30 »
my order was returned via the post office today.....PO box unknown 11/12/2007 so where has my order been for well over a month?
grow your own way

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 19:46:14 »
KT, I don't subscribe for the benefits, in my case it is to support the cause, I also subscribe to the French and US one. I think the seeds that are being saved and kept going are the rewards, the freebie packets are just a bonus.

By the way, for those folks who ordered Peacevine toms and didn't get them I have a few I can send out, let me know if they were part of your choices that you didn't get.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal