Author Topic: Frustrated of Essex  (Read 3172 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Frustrated of Essex
« on: November 28, 2007, 19:41:29 »
And how!!! All I want to do is take a portion of a photo and super- impose it on another. I have Canon Photostudio 55 (which is similar to Paint). I have followed the destructions as per the manual, and even tried Help to no avail. Once I have selected a tool to use I can't de-select it, let alone get anything to move. Has anyone else used this programme succesfully please?
Smile, it confuses people.

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
Re: Frustrated of Essex
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 20:32:46 »
It sounds as if you need a programme that will deal with layers, so look for 'layer' in the help section. Photostudio is a third party (Arcsoft) programme that probably came with the camera but I don't know its limitations. There's a free download here
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/
which irks me considerably because I paid good money for it before it was superseded (which is why it is now free).  :'( It is a very good programme and will do anything you're likely to want.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 21:08:19 »
The Gimp will do anything Photoshop or any of the others will, and it's free. http://www.gimp.org/

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:41:48 »
Thanks people, will have a look at both. I found the manual (from camera software) not very explanatory to a complete novice (me) in this area, which is annoying. It does have a 'layers' section but I didn't understand what it's for. I am thinking I ought to go to classes, but will have a look at your recommendations before I splash the cash.

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:15:05 »
I agree with Robert. Gimp is the better programme but not as user friendly if you're a novice because it isn't strictly a Windows programme.

Health Warning: may become addictive.  ;D

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 18:43:34 »
Me thinks there might be call for a dedicated thread/board to deal with Digi-software problems and solutions?
Ken.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 19:53:15 »
Well that would be a 'good idea' for the likes of me ;D

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 23:08:42 »
Might be a good idea Ken, to point us to a certain place with our woes. As it is, it falls somewhere between Photo Talk and Computers and Internet, but there will be those who will say you're turning it into a computer and photography board. Perhaps you could do it surreptitiously  ;D

Geoff.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal