Author Topic: Digital Picture Frame  (Read 5465 times)

Chloe

• Half Acre
  • I am very proud of that
Digital Picture Frame
« on: November 28, 2007, 00:01:13 »
I want to buy a digital picture frame as a present for a friend.

I don't want to spend a fortune in case they don't like/want it. On the other hand I don't want to buy a cheap, cheap one.  But, what should I look for when buying it?  Is it to do with the resolution and the formats you can use on it?

Many thanks if you can help

Chloe
Chloe:)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Digital Picture Frame
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 18:31:48 »
I don't know a thing about 'em, Chloe, but you might get some idea from this site.
http://eu.eoutsourcing.net/category

Seems to go on screen size first off. Not cheap things are they?
Ken.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 14:31:51 »
sorry cannot help but I would love one and have decided to wait as I,m sure prices will come down. my son has one and tells me you just load a memory card through the pc. has it got to be a xmas pressie? bound to be more expensive this side of christmas
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

laura G

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 21:34:07 »
Hi, i have just recieved a flyer from Jessops, it has a 7" digital picture frame from £99.99 down to £49.99. dont know if it is any good, just thought i would let you know. Website is www.jessops.com.

Laura

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 06:54:56 »
I have had one for a couple of years now, you just plug your sd card in the side and watch the slideshow. The resolution does not matter as the pictures are just for viewing. Try and get one that takes all types of cards. The jessop one is the cheapest I have seen at that size in the shops, but you can get a good deal online. Watch out that it does not just plug in your pc like a lot of them on ebay.

I paid a fortune as I first saw them at the 2005 ideal home exhibition and I wanted to surprise my wife with an unusual present.

If you are thinking of getting a new camera soon, have a shop around. I was told that some stores are giving small ones of them away with new cameras. I have got oh a new camera for xmas and I was offered a good one for £25, so the parents of the new grandchild will have it for xmas.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 22:17:54 »
Bearded Wonder was given one of these. He hasn't got the patience to get it up and running so I must before the givers visit again. ::)
I have a spare sd card, how do I get the photos already on the pc, on to the card? Can this be done? Instructions do not cover this and I don't have a clue. :-[  I upload photos through the printer.
Ken, I'm doing it again. Sorry. Help site deffo needed. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:16:02 »
You need a card reader, but if you plug your camera in the pc with your spare sd card in it, you can then send your pictures back to the camera. Then just pop  your card in the frame and switch on.

To send them to your camera or card reader select picture, right click,  select send to, browse for camera/reader which might show as digital storage, and send.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 10:12:38 »
Thanks Ace. Just what I needed. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

Riffster

• Half Acre
  • Chief Wormer
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 16:20:23 »
Chloe,

I bought one for my Grandmother.   I went into John Lewis so I could "see" them side by side.

The one I ended up with was £99, ( sis told me it was £79 on the net ).  But the picture was brilliant.  Some of the cheaper ones really looked cheap.  Like Aeroplane Back of seats ( well on the budget lines anyway ).  See if you can stretch the funds to 800 x 600.  Any above all,  try to ask for a demo.   

They all come with a demo showreel on them. !

Be aware of lesser resolution ones.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 16:01:59 »
have a look in asda, just got their gift catalogue..mustec 7" 39.99  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal