Author Topic: RHS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Horticulture  (Read 11474 times)

Morty

RHS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Horticulture
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:47:32 »
Hello all,

I'd be interested to hear from people doing level 3 via distance learning.  I've just started doing level 3 in such a way via Learning Curve but although you get sent a load of paperwork and reading lists, I'm feeling a bit 'on your own' with respect to knowing just how much reading outside of the notes provided do you really need to do to be able to pass the exams  ???

When I read through the first module and completed the first assignment, I then looked at a past exam paper for Module 1, looked at the first question and thought help, I haven't got a clue on the answer, should I of covered this in my first LC module?  Should I of learnt this for myself?

I'd be interested to hear from others.

Cheers

;)

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
Re: RHS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Horticulture
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 17:38:48 »
Hi Monty, I'm still doing RHS -G 2 course with LC, sorry to hear your having a bad time with your LC coursework,
Question:- have you every done any LC course work  before ( A silly question i know but you don't say, and with LC you can do the coursework if you have some knowledge in horticulture),
i found that with both courses I've done i felt along, for a while, but i did contact LC, and spoke Ian and jenny by phone at LC, explaining how i feel, they help me through this,  you know that can contact them by phone, email or letter,  who is your tutor,
i found if you need to read extra the assignment will let you know, so don't worry to much, and i felt i needed to go to a college at time with some things, but you can get through this,
do little and often, is better than a high amount,
but  not all of us can go to college full time, but with LC it allows us to the work in our spare time,  all of the course work (assignments) notes, extra books are sent,
ask about the web forum section at LC
i hope this helps,
windy,
my allotment
heaven

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 18:14:56 »
Hi Morty

Welcome to A4A .

I have recently obtained my NCH level 2 Horticulture via One day a week at college.Various modules and assignments.City and Guilds.

I wonder what your previous experience is.Most courses would expect you to finish level 2 before progressing to level 3.You need to put in the ground work

Why did you go straight to level 3?

It sounds as if you may have made life difficult for yourself :)

If you have no previous experience and you are working alone it sounds very difficult to me.

I am not familiar with LC but presume it must be the same thing.

If I can help in any way ,please PM me.

The course is fun but can be stressful at times.

RHS education has lots of level 2 and 3 past exam papers to have a look at. :)

Morty

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 20:14:28 »
Hello betula and windygale,

I did do RHS level 2 last year at evening college, don't well on the exams as well (much to my) surprise.  I don't do horticulture as a job unfortunately, this was the plan after level 3, move to something more enjoyable than playing with computers for a living.  Thanks windygale for the mention about the LC forum, I'll dig it out.

Thanks  :)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 20:21:40 »
Good ,I was concerned that you had gone straight to level 3.I misunderstood. ;D

Morty

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 20:30:58 »
ask about the web forum section at LC

Hi,

Do you know any details about this forum, I can't see anything advertised by them.

thanks  :D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 20:38:22 »
Sorry I don't know.Windy will probally know. :)

windygale

• Acre
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 00:02:48 »
Hi Morty, web forum, i think the place i read about this is on their website

http://learning-curve.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi
click on this blue link, go on to the tab "about us" on right hand side in light brown section click on Download a brochure, then open or save document, look on page 6 and you should see a section called student group at a distance, (read this part)

or you can ask jenny or ian or your tutor on the phone (if the still work at LC) they should beable to give you more info, they are very helpfull,

i hope this helps, you can allways PM me if you need to chat if i can help i'll try,
my allotment
heaven

Morty

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:43:22 »
Thanks for the link although it doesn't seem to be available to me at the moment, might need to get in touch with LC about this.

Thanks

windygale

• Acre
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 10:13:21 »
Hi Morty, strange ??? ::) ok try this, 

http://learning-curve.org

then look for the tab called  "about us," then "download a brochure",
then follow my last post,

i hope this works for you,