Author Topic: Tomato seed trial  (Read 8935 times)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Re: Tomato seed trial
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2007, 22:17:52 »
There are still about a dozen packs available and I want to mail out the lot after New Year. Anyone else interested please send PM with address.

Eristic

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 22:24:14 »
I will have a go if you like, in Hull,  I will do them outdoors at home rather than on the lotties, have you any idea what they were called , I will PM you with addy if you still have some to spare. May I give you something in return? Thank you XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

sims girl

• Quarter Acre
  • my daughters pet
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2007, 22:26:03 »

if tom trail is still going l can do that l live in north wales do you need any more help
                  julie

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 22:47:19 »
The name is unknown at this time, the original plant was given to me by a Bulgarian lady on the allotments and was grown from a commercial Bulgarian seed packet. The fruit was red and of a medium sized plum shape, and cooked well.

This was the only plant I grew that survived to maturity so I considered it was worth some effort to grow on. As it was grown adjacent to many other varieties, there is the possibility of cross polination but I am more interested in the survivability genes.

The offer is open to all A4A members within the EU district but please contact me via the PM system with your address otherwise I lose track.

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 10:42:13 »
Hi Eristic,

I'll give it a trial in the North-East ...if you have any seed left.
Will PM you.

Debs

Ren

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 14:19:50 »
I would like to give it a go if there are any still available. 

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2008, 21:08:56 »
I've noticed quite a few names here asking for seeds yet have failed to send me their address to my PM box.

It's like this: No Address. No seeds.

There's still a few more left but I'm not going to thin them down any further so when they're gone, they're gone. OK.

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 16:17:15 »
Hi Eristic, just to say seeds arrived :) many thanks :-*, its quite exciting I feel like a right saddo ;D getting excited about tomato seeds that's what having a Lotti does to you. Hope your right about the blighty thing lost all mine last year! so as you say gotta be worth a go looking forward to it

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 16:32:25 »
mine arrived this morning thoogh need some tips on starting them off either unheated greenhouse or windowsill, cheers dave. quite exited about getting blight free toms.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 23:16:36 »
Eristic, are the toms determinate or indeterminate?  :)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 00:10:57 »
I believe them to be indeterminate. I grew it as a vine and pinched all sideshoots. As mine was outside and the weather none too good I pinched the top to restrict it to 4 trusses which all matured and set nicely. In a warmer summer they should easily do 5 trusses outside as a vine and many more under glass.

With blight so prevalent it pays to keep the plant as open and airy as possible so even though it may grow as a bush the higher humidity may cause problems.

I would like to give you all the variety name and full description but these facts are not available at this time. The original plant was given to me by a Bulgarian plotholder grown from commercial seed purchased in her native country. There will be some detective work done later to find out more info.

There are still a few seeds left if any latecomers wish to join in but you must send me a PM with your address. Webpage covering the trial http://david-frary.com/Plot/tomato_trial.php

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 01:09:44 »
Mine are here too, and so many. Thank you, we have an isolation plan all worked out XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Riffster

• Half Acre
  • Chief Wormer
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 11:11:58 »
Eristic,  I think I've been very rude. I had not replied to say thank you and that the seeds have arrived safely - Well they have.  -  Many thanks again

- Riffster...

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:05 »
Hi, my seeds arrived safely on Saturday. I will sow them with the rest of my toms that have to rough it outside in about 6 weeks time. 

Thanks
Suzanne

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 13:16:56 »
Been away for a few days, Seeds arrived safe and sound
many thanks

Will split them (after germination) 50% outside + 50% inside

Last year germinated my Toms starting at end of February, this year going to try from April 1st onwards as the Autumns are certainly getting warmer so a later start may give stronger 'babies'
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

JimmyJames

• Half Acre
  • Portsmouth, Hants
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 16:47:30 »
Hi Eristic,
I sent you a PM earlier - would like to help with the trial if I am not too late.

No past experience to compare to, but I can share with you the results i get!
http://www.hatchingaplot.blogspot.com/   (seemed like a good idea,  but sadly not updated for many moons!)

Ren

• Not So New ...
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:44 »
Yippee, my seeds arrived yesterday. 
Thank you. 

JimmyJames

• Half Acre
  • Portsmouth, Hants
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2008, 23:33:09 »
Seeds arrived this morning - many thanks!

http://www.hatchingaplot.blogspot.com/   (seemed like a good idea,  but sadly not updated for many moons!)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2008, 15:54:28 »
Thanks again Eristic, I planted my seeds today!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2008, 16:20:39 »
I've sown my second batch today after germination problems with the first batch. It's strange because 36 of the 38 varieties I sowed at the same time have germinated well. :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal