Author Topic: Quark  (Read 1567 times)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Quark
« on: November 30, 2007, 16:21:59 »
I brought this in error and now what do I do with it. Thought maybe a cheesecake mixed in with some double cream. Any ideas most helpful please.........

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
Re: Quark
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 23:18:00 »
Never used it myself. I'd be tempted to put the words 'recipe' and 'quark' into a search. I've had loads of inspiration in the past by doing this  ;D

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 17:35:57 »
Me ma has bought it with fruit in, its like yoghurt I guess. And can be used like fromais frey (?)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 00:22:43 »
I love it - and usually mix it with fresh or canned fruit for my breakfast as a change from cottage cheese. You can also make wonderful cakes with it - I can look out a recipe for an apple cake which uses it if you'd like. Let me know,

Tricia

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 21:21:30 »
Rosyred it is very low fat, which can't be bad ;), I often use 50/50 as substitute to cream cheese. It's very good if on a low fat diet (does this  include most of us? mu O.H. has high cholesterol ) use in stroganofe's,(sounds like)baked cheesecakes, Korma's- you do have to watch in cooking as it is very low fat and will split if heated to high temperature

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 18:41:56 »
Its something that you can make sweet or savory depending on what you add to it and its popular on slimming world and weight watchers so if you google it you will find lots of recipies.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal