Author Topic: I got a plot!  (Read 988 times)

meandmine

• Not So New ...
I got a plot!
« on: November 24, 2007, 13:05:59 »
Hi all, I posted in the Locations part of the board a couple of weeks ago asking about allotment sites in Nottingham and was pointed in the direction of the Whitemoor site.
I popped down and had a look last Saturday and today I signed the forms and I now have my very own plot.  I think I was wearing rose tinted glasses last week though as the plot didn't look half as bad then as it does now lol  Next time I go down there I'll take some pics.
We're excited about getting the plot but at the same time we're also sad as we had to have one of our dogs put to sleep this week and he would have loved plodding around the allotment with us.  Once we've got things cleared a bit I'll plant something there in his honour.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: I got a plot!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 13:49:18 »
That was quick! Congarts on your new plot, it's a great time of year to get one. Sorry to hear about your dog, though- hopefully the plot will take your minds off your loss.

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 14:22:18 »
Congratulations on your new lottie. How exciting for you. Welcome aboard. Just like Caroline said...a great time of year to aquire a new plot. Think of all those Christmas gifts that will be very useful. Clear and de-weed a piece and cover it with plastic, old carpet or heavy duty cardboard. Take your time, don't over do things. Most of all...have fun  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 14:57:05 »
Great, look forward to the piccies... you can always come across to Derby to look at some others!!!
 ::)

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 23:25:24 »
Thanks you three  :)  I definitely won't be overdoing things, I'm too lazy for that! (just kidding lol).
When I looked at the plot last week I had a bit of a root under the over growth and was really pleased to discover some beds already covered in weed control fabric so I've got a good start there to thank the previous tenant for.
I think the plot wiil help with our loss as we'll have something physical to focus on and something else to fill the head space (if that makes any sense).

debjay

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 07:34:16 »
Hi :)
Congratulations on getting your plot.
Why dont you plant a small fruit tree on the plot in memory of your dog so you have got something to remember him  :)
Debs

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 11:40:50 »
Hi M&M, welcome to the madhouse and good luck, any type of tree that will produce year after year would as Deb says be a great honour in his memory.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 18:40:52 »
Just met up with someone from the OU - she moved from Wirral to near me. She said she tried to get an allotment - 9 year waiting list!

Aww, sorry to hear about your dog. How about a dog rose?
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 19:26:19 »
Thanks  :)  I'm definitely thinking along the lines of a fruit or rose tree for Komo, I've just got to make up my mind which.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal