Author Topic: I'm a plantaholic.....  (Read 5030 times)

Steven

• Quarter Acre
  • Heaven or hell..?
Re:I'm a plantaholic.....
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 21:54:03 »
I quite like mowing my grass and having spent the last 5 years getting it very nearly "snooker table flat" and 99% weed free-it is growing extremely well and looks healthy. :D

Considering when i moved in,it resembled a worn out playing field and after rain was like a paddy field because of the clay! Much spiking,top dressing and back ache has shown good results which im pleased with.My dad always liked to have a good lawn and always said a healthy,neatly cut lawn will excuse any other hiccups in the garden.

The only job i resent doing is trimming the d**n conifers in front garden-i hate them,but neighbour likes em'  :(
Talk to the elbow-its got a point

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 23:04:59 »
Plocket my garden is postage stamp size and not even first class, ::) I need a machete to reach the garage, :o my wife takes me to the garden centres in a straight jacket. :-X
I collected seeds off our cordyline last year and they are doing quite well, I have no room for them. This same tree is yielding yet more seeds I bite my fist and think shall I shan’t I and shout to the wife GET THE JACKET OUT. :P

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 01:17:05 »
Roy I sympathize.....I collected lots of seed last year , sowed more in spring and am waiting with the brown envelopes now! Anybody interested in 400 verbena boneriensis, 300 night phlox?
My greenhouse is full (it is July isn't it?) I have pots everywhere but can't stop!
And yet another small tree fell in my trolley at B+Q the other day.
Somebody stop me!!!  :o  ;D
Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 18:56:10 »
Hi all
No, lilylover, you are not the only one with a full greenhouse! Mine is still frull of nicotianas (various types), foxgloves, columbines, strawberries, lychnis, hollyhocks, and various others I can' t remember the names of and have stupidly forgotten to label!
Each year I carefully label all the trays so as to remember what it is I've planted, and then when I pot them on into little individual pots, I forget to label them! It's very frustrating! I wish seed packets had pictures of what the little plants look like so I knew what they were!

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2004, 15:59:44 »
I have my ticket for the RHS Tatton (Cheshire) flower show, so I'm trying to be good until then!  Having said that, my little flappy plastic greenhouse is full of stuff I sowed three weeks ago - the glass greenhouse is full of toms, peppers and suchlike.  I get a tremendous buzz from growing things from seed and getting cuttings to do their thing.  

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2004, 17:10:16 »
 ??? To Iain D
Sorry I called you Plocket! I only noticed that today!
My auntie used to stay in Buckie! She always had awfa bonnie carnations. I expect they liked the sandy, well-drained soil. She also always had great strawberries. Many's the time we kids were told to "get oot o' there this meenit!" while crawling under the strawberry net!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal