Author Topic: I'm a plantaholic.....  (Read 5040 times)

Steven

• Quarter Acre
  • Heaven or hell..?
Re:I'm a plantaholic.....
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 21:54:03 »
I quite like mowing my grass and having spent the last 5 years getting it very nearly "snooker table flat" and 99% weed free-it is growing extremely well and looks healthy. :D

Considering when i moved in,it resembled a worn out playing field and after rain was like a paddy field because of the clay! Much spiking,top dressing and back ache has shown good results which im pleased with.My dad always liked to have a good lawn and always said a healthy,neatly cut lawn will excuse any other hiccups in the garden.

The only job i resent doing is trimming the d**n conifers in front garden-i hate them,but neighbour likes em'  :(
Talk to the elbow-its got a point

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 23:04:59 »
Plocket my garden is postage stamp size and not even first class, ::) I need a machete to reach the garage, :o my wife takes me to the garden centres in a straight jacket. :-X
I collected seeds off our cordyline last year and they are doing quite well, I have no room for them. This same tree is yielding yet more seeds I bite my fist and think shall I shan’t I and shout to the wife GET THE JACKET OUT. :P

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 01:17:05 »
Roy I sympathize.....I collected lots of seed last year , sowed more in spring and am waiting with the brown envelopes now! Anybody interested in 400 verbena boneriensis, 300 night phlox?
My greenhouse is full (it is July isn't it?) I have pots everywhere but can't stop!
And yet another small tree fell in my trolley at B+Q the other day.
Somebody stop me!!!  :o  ;D
Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 18:56:10 »
Hi all
No, lilylover, you are not the only one with a full greenhouse! Mine is still frull of nicotianas (various types), foxgloves, columbines, strawberries, lychnis, hollyhocks, and various others I can' t remember the names of and have stupidly forgotten to label!
Each year I carefully label all the trays so as to remember what it is I've planted, and then when I pot them on into little individual pots, I forget to label them! It's very frustrating! I wish seed packets had pictures of what the little plants look like so I knew what they were!

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2004, 15:59:44 »
I have my ticket for the RHS Tatton (Cheshire) flower show, so I'm trying to be good until then!  Having said that, my little flappy plastic greenhouse is full of stuff I sowed three weeks ago - the glass greenhouse is full of toms, peppers and suchlike.  I get a tremendous buzz from growing things from seed and getting cuttings to do their thing.  

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2004, 17:10:16 »
 ??? To Iain D
Sorry I called you Plocket! I only noticed that today!
My auntie used to stay in Buckie! She always had awfa bonnie carnations. I expect they liked the sandy, well-drained soil. She also always had great strawberries. Many's the time we kids were told to "get oot o' there this meenit!" while crawling under the strawberry net!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal