Author Topic: WHICH MAGAZINE  (Read 819 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
WHICH MAGAZINE
« on: November 13, 2007, 13:49:52 »
Has anyone seen the advert on TV, for the computer course WHICH MAGAZINE, are advertising?? they have an 0800 number but my husband dident have time to write it down, havent seen it since, this was on Monday evening. Thank you. Rosebud.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: WHICH MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 23:42:10 »
No, I haven't seen that.

I have been running a computer group for just over 19 years, we meet every second Monday of the month. An old friend, suddenly decided that he wanted to get a computer and learn to use it.

He asked me to go along with him to buy it. He said to the assistant at PC World "I have brought Mr Rowell with me as my advisor", the assistant did not try to sell him an extended warranty. He then signed up for a computer course at the local library, but he quickly realised that I could teach him more about computers than he was going to learn from the course. I feel that the course was a sort of introductory course to lead people into signing up for a more expensive commercial course. He's doing very well but I still get phone calls with queries about computer related problems. He is 77 years old (I am 78), last year he bought a digital camera, and he was a chap who didn't want anything to do with computers and was very set in his ways.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 23:50:34 »
My mother was doing a computer course locally when she was 90, months before she died. I think some folk have the drive to keep on learning up until the very last moment, some others stop learning very early.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 23:52:56 »
Sorry that was a bit off topic. Mary why don't you have a look at the which website and see if they have the info online?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal